View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2022, 01:01 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
For my system not too much different from Windows 10, some of the features I do not like so had to tweak it. Appears to run just as fast, maybe a tad faster than Win 10. Not sure what all the hoopla was about as I don't think there was much improvement over Window 10. Who ever wrote the code must of had a dumb ass day, for example the Start menu and any Icons were put in the middle of the taskbar DUH...Why, found a way to move them back to the left.

But if you want to pin your Taskbar to the right or the left of the screen, then we have bad news. You can no longer do that natively, as in Windows 11, the Taskbar only stays on the bottom. Paid third-party apps like Start11 can change it if you want, however.

Also You can no longer sync your desktop wallpaper, Internet Explorer and the Math Input panel are gone, and a few apps are also removed. Those apps are 3D viewer, OneNote for Windows 10, Paint 3D, and Skype. You can still find those in the store, though.

If you’re a gamer, note that Windows 11 has some exclusive features catered to you. Auto HDR makes your games look more vibrant, and Direct Storage helps your graphics card and SSD communicate faster.

Other performance changes in Windows 11 touch on the way your PC resumes from sleep and handles standby time. Versus Windows 10, Microsoft mentioned that in Windows 11, your RAM can stay energized when the PC is in sleep mode, so it has power while everything else doesn’t. This will help your PC wake faster up to 25% faster from sleep.

Bottom Line: I would not be in a hurry to upgrade, unless your a gamer.