View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2008, 08:06 AM

Since Chrome is based on Webkit 3.1 used by Safari 3.1, it performs just like that and gives no problems, except that Safari is now 3.2 to block some malware problem so I suppose Chrome will get updated as well.

Chrome is a bit sparse but in many ways I like the clean, stripped down look and it loads quickly. The real test will be whether the sandboxing of malware into just one box which can be closed works well, and it seems from a previous post that it doesn't.

I'm having major problems with IE8 beta 2 which has obviously been released much too soon.
Anchors don't work.
opacity and filters seem to be off the agenda permanently.
css dropdown menus don't work well as the mouse loses connection moving from the top level to the dropdown menu (compatibility view doesn't cure this even though IE7 and all other browsers work well). You have to wave the mouse around to maintain a connection.
Worst of all IE8 stops displaying text and bottom curved corners to divs on some of my pages where the code validates and there is no javascript to confuse the browser. However, there is a large PHP dropdown menu and large amounts of text in simple div p tags, but IE8 just gives up, not on all divs, just some. A refresh just transfers the problem to another div. Compatibility view cures the problem. I may have to add the meta tag to emulate IE7 but I'll just wait and see if the problem gets cured.

Last edited by Wickham; September 16th, 2008 at 08:09 AM.