View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Hi buddy.....

Yea I just checked on my computer (98se) and C drive is listed as "Local Disk" (For type)

Try this: Goto MY COMPUTER then right click 'C' and choose properties and see if you can set the label there.... (And it stays correctly)

Good luck buddy!
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that. Did have something different happen over the weekend. Both C: drive and E: drive got capitalized right in front of my face and without restoring the registry. So I'm thinking that the restore is not the problem but that it may be the file (.exe or .dll) that is responsible for monitoring the registry. Either that or maybe something in the way Norton Utilities 2001 works. Have had some wierd things happen from time to time with it. When I first bought it in 2001 I went to the update sight and there was an update for it. But now when I go it says I don't need any update even though I uninstalled it and re-installed it just in case something got corrupted. HA! No update indeed! I think they just took everything off their system for the older versions and just tell you that to get rid of you. Thank you Symantec. The investigation continues.