View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2019, 10:42 PM

Stocking for a Tower (A Filter)

Okay, "stocking" is an odd choice of vocabulary, but it isn't far off what I am thinking of --- and it did catch your eye, didn't it?

My colleague on the other side of the planet has a feline type animal and that feline type animal is very likely the cause of my colleague's fan motor going bonkers and my colleague is a female human type and her own hair might very likely be part of the problem.

This tower unit, from memory as I type, has a fair bit of slits, but I'll poke around and find the unit ID number so we can be sure about size and all other useful information.

BUT that isn't too important right now, because I am wondering if, in fact, a lot of folks have a nice tower unit down around floor level that is drawing in all sorts of interesting items from animals --- both human and all other animals --- but mostly hair.

Point is this can't really be such a rare case. So I am thinking a kind of filter that simply covers the whole tower with appropriate gaps/holes for this and that or some such arrangement and of course an open front so access to that area is easy.

Has anybody ever heard or read about any sort of weird filter like that?

In addition to the filtering for keeping hair out of the motor area and that spinning crank for the spinning of the blades I also know that simple dust collecting on fan blades reduces the efficiency of those blades to do their work, so a filter also helps for that purpose.

Anyway, the stocking filter --- know of any such thing?

Appreciate the assistance, folks.