View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2003, 07:28 AM

Please HELP! IE extremely slow

I posted on another site, got a few of suggestions, all but one of which I've already tried, which is Hijack This--and I will try that when I get back to school after the holidays. So, this is the problem: The browser was fine when school was out in May, but since school has started this year, it has been unbearably slow!! taking approx 10 sec. on each page. We have a T1 connection, Novell network; my OS is Windows 98. I also have a peer to peer network in my room with 3 other computers sharing my printer and one software application. The other computers are browsing fine. There have been no changes that I am aware of. What I have tried: clear cache, empty temp browser files and offline content, scandisk, defrag, memory check, hard drive space check, disk cleanup, browser update, windows update, Spybot scan, and I think that's about it. I also thought today to try my internet cable on a different pc, so I'll try that as well when I get back to school next week. Any other suggestions are welcome!!!