View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2014, 07:27 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowsXPer View Post
Wow, there are alot of people who hate Windows Vista, 7 and 8 crap and I am one of them. I would stick with XP & Ubuntu. My college STILL uses XP! (except for the art corridor, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop they have Macs)

I upgraded from xp to vista to win7 before I got rid of the computer. On another computer I upgraded from win7 to win8 to 8.1. The reality was, I had very few problems with any of the upgrades. Yes there were some driver problems and some software issues but I was able to work through them but I treated it as a learning experience.

I personally think vista was released as a throwaway operating system. It was used to forced computer manufacturers to start building more powerful computers so when win7 was released, there would be far fewer problems. I think microsoft did the exact same thing with winme. It was also a throwaway operating system preparing the way for xp.

Not sure about win 8 yet. IMO, out of all the operating systems I ever ran (including Gem, linux, android, ios and dos). it was the worse because there were so many changes that I actually had to use help to figure some of the hidden secrets out. This leads me to believe that the main reason for all the hate is because the newer windows operating systems are so different . Users just don't like to learn new things, they just want to use their computer for the things they need to do with as little hassle as possible.

xp had its day and it will be missed. I am disappointed that microsoft sees fit that when the end comes, they will be taking all of the updates, mse, etc offline trying to force those who may have to reinstall for whatever reason to upgrade.