Topic: packard bell
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:50 AM

O/S: Linux
Hi I bought a pc a while ago in fact a very long time ago,...anyway when it arrived I plugged it in, turned it on and all I got was bleeps.When I opened it up it turned out there was no ram inside,,,Can you imagine my anger when it was supposed to have 2gig.

A friend of mine recently asked for help I could not believe someone would need my help,not what seems like everyday anyway but he does.He had just bought some ram for his pc,he was upgrading it he had 3 memmory banks with 3 X 128 ram and he had bought himself 3 x 256 ram.So when he got home he he clicked on start and shut his pc down.He then wipped the side of his pc like I had shown him and proceeded to whip the ram out and put his nice expensive ram in his pc which he knew would make it super fast compared to what he was used to.
Unfortunately he did not bother to unplug the power lead at the back of the pc or switch the little switch on the back of his psu so when he tried to turn his pc back on all he got was bleeps.
When we fail to make sure there is no power going to the pc while upgrading our ram it tends to ruin it.If we then take out our ram and smell it the smell it gives off is a burning smell.
Im not saying this is your problem im just bored its 3am on Saturday morning and I cant sleep.