View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2020, 05:26 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
Because information in your "tip" is wrong!

Why are you getting all worked up a over a minor error, one you even contradicted yourself? That makes no sense.

You claimed, "Microsoft does not allow local accounts when setting up a new computer or installing Windows anymore."

That is wrong. They do. You said so yourself!

Had your tip been'
"If you want to use a Local Account when installing Windows 10, disconnect from the Internet before installing."
...then that would have been a good, factual tip and I would not even be here.

If you wanted to explain why and in further detail, you could have said:
"Microsoft has removed the prompt to choose the Local Account option during Windows installation. The option is still allowed, however. Simply disconnect from the Internet before installing. Do this by disabling the wifi connection or unplugging the Ethernet cable. After that, you will be prompted to set up a Local Account and the installation process will continue."
That would have been a good, factual and truthful tip. Saying "Microsoft does not allow local accounts" is not true.

I say give yourself credit. You did explain how to get around the lack of a prompt. You merely included some incorrect information in the process. A minor error that does NOT need to turned into a mountain.
It is a tip whether you think so or not, there is no wrong info whether you think so or not. This is my last reply to you since you just want to argue. I will let you have the last word, no matter how wrong it might be.