Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Windows 10 (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Windows 10 PLEASE HELP ! (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=233054)

Shannon56 June 26th, 2018 10:09 PM

Windows 10 PLEASE HELP !
 
I have a windows 10 hp laptop and my sister spilled water on it I dried it off and left it sitting for at least a week I was able to charge my laptop on and power it on. The problem is whenever I take out the battery (Which is a clickable battery if that makes sense) Iíve tried powering the laptop on but itís not coming on Iíve also tried taking out the batter and holding down the power button still nothing but when I put my charger in my laptop I can tell itís charging because I see the light on the side of it comes on !

Murf June 26th, 2018 11:57 PM

Even though it sat a week, unless you took the key board off and maybe used a hair dryer to dry it off. Water/liquid takes a long time to evaporate and afraid you may have some rust or short circuit in there now.

The only thing to do is disassemble and clean everything, but if you never had a laptop apart do not try it. Take it somewhere to have it thoroughly cleaned if it is worth the $$ to do so.


So it works with the battery in???

Shannon56 June 27th, 2018 02:49 PM

Is there a solution to why my laptop is not coming on

Murf June 27th, 2018 03:02 PM

You would not know until it is disassembled. Try removing the battery, use your hair dryer on low heat and run it over the keyboard and battery compartment until it gets warm. Wipe off the battery contacts. See if that helps.

Shannon56 June 27th, 2018 03:41 PM

Ive tried taking the battery out but Iím not sure how long to use the dryer because itís still doing the same thing

Digerati June 27th, 2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

...or short circuit in there now.
I suspect this may be the problem - the water caused a short, permanently damaging some component inside the notebook. No amount of drying will fix that.

If lucky, it could just be a fusible link that "blew" due to excessive current caused by the short. This is something a qualified technician can easily fix.

I agree with Murf and you should probably take it to a reputable shop.

Otherwise, I would suggest taking the battery out again, remove every cover to expose as much of the interior as possible, flip the notebook upside down, prop it up off a table enough so air can get under it, then blast a desk fan on it for a few days and, with fingers crossed, hopefully dry out any remaining water.

renegade600 June 27th, 2018 11:34 PM

just to note, depending on the water, when dried and if it works again, there could be a chance there will be future consequences. some water have mineral content that when dried could eventually cause issues. it is usually best to wipe the motherboard and any component with alcohol if planning to keep the laptop for a long time.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:12 PM.

Copyright © Cyber Tech Help. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.