Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Internet / Browsers (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Im curious dues (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=234699)

The Dude October 24th, 2021 05:54 AM

I wasnt sure wheather to put this on the networking base or here so if it fits better on that base,please move it :)

Sometimes when im surfing and I am idle for along time... Like tonight I went to make macaroni and cheese and left my browser open....... When I got back my screensaver was on of course and I moved the mouse to get my screen back. When I try to click on the page I was on it acts like there is no connection to the net,.. (It says page cannot be found instantly) I have to close the browser and re-open it to get it back... This didnt used to happen and im wondering if it could be this newer cable modem I have in here now :(

Does this happen to anyone else where your surfing and you goto do something and when you get back 1/2hr or more later its like you dont have a wifi connected.... You have to close browser and re-open......

Its been confusing me.. Why would the computer disable the Wifi especially if the browser is open!!

I understand if I unplug the cable modem while im playing a game and an hour later I plug it in but it wont re-connect (I have to re-boot usually then) its just very confusing.......

Ned Seagoon November 14th, 2021 07:18 PM

Ah! You're in luck, according to the Michelson–Morley experiment, this natural phenomena may be explained by considering the luminiferous aether effect in the presence of both air and gravity within the terrestrial sphere. The problem occurs due to the release of vapor from the melted cheese covering the macaroni. This vapor causes the flux to incinerate the intransitive neither negative or positive field emanating from the WiFi path such that there no longer exists a homeric erebus to carry the signal between the source and the receiver.

The solution is to never heat cheese in any area in close proximity to a WiFi signal.

Air the room and reboot the devices should this inadvertently occur. :rolleyes:

Jaytee November 14th, 2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon (Post 1310335)
Ah! You're in luck, according to the Michelson–Morley experiment, this natural phenomena may be explained by considering the luminiferous aether effect in the presence of both air and gravity within the terrestrial sphere. The problem occurs due to the release of vapor from the melted cheese covering the macaroni. This vapor causes the flux to incinerate the intransitive neither negative or positive field emanating from the WiFi path such that there no longer exists a homeric erebus to carry the signal between the source and the receiver.

The solution is to never heat cheese in any area in close proximity to a WiFi signal.

I would never ever have thought of that... Praise Neddie!!!

The Dude November 21st, 2021 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon

Ah man!!

The Dude December 27th, 2021 03:19 AM

I looked it up tonight,I googled "IE keeps going into OFFLINE mode"

http://tech2peace.blogspot.com/2011/...k-offline.html

I unchecked what it said (Enable offline items to be synchronized on a schedule) and ill see if it doesnt do it anymore.....

The Dude December 31st, 2021 02:01 AM

Well it doesnt go into OFFLINE MODE anymore but it still loses the connection,its like my Network fails or something..... I have to close the browser and re-open it......

Anyone know what might possibly be causing this?

zipulrich December 31st, 2021 05:10 AM

What browser are you using, and what Operating System? I suck at mind reading, apparently.

The Dude January 1st, 2022 01:49 AM

Hmm i thought everyone here knew :)

Win98se and my browser is IE6 ..... Its very wierd why it starts doing it...... I mean it doesnt do it as MUCH since I disabled "Offlne items to be synced on a schedule"

I was gonan try opening IE6 directly Zip and seeing it it did it then.. Im using MyIE2 which is considered by the computer to be a THIRD PARTY EXTENTION and Im wondering if its disabling access to it for some reason... (Opening IE6 itself might tell me if thats whats going on)

It didnt ever seem to happen before several months ago though,its very wierd....

zipulrich January 1st, 2022 02:47 AM

IE6 support ended in January of 2016.
Try a different (newer) browser and see what happens.

The Dude January 2nd, 2022 04:49 AM

Thank you for your replies buddy!!!

zipulrich January 2nd, 2022 02:49 PM

....and? What happens when you leave a different browser open??

Murf January 4th, 2022 04:29 PM

It's called AGE, we age like a Fine Wine with grace and continue working, at least most body parts.

Win 98 is not ageless, it is dead, buried, has died a very slow death, you need to bury it finally, give it it's due. Once a great operating system, it's like a old carburetor on a car, had to really find parts for. It is full of security holes that cannot be fixed.

TIME TO UPGRADE, do not take Win 98 to your grave.

IPR512 January 4th, 2022 04:38 PM

I'll drink a couple of bottles of that fine wine to that Murf.

The Dude January 5th, 2022 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipulrich
....and? What happens when you leave a different browser open??

I havent tried that Zip,maybe I will......... (I could open IE6 and see if it happens on that one)

I dont have a direct way to open IE6 (I deleted the icon and shortcut years ago) so I have to go thru any folder. (I type an address into the bar and the folder changes to IE6)

Would be interesting to see.......... Thank you! (And you also Murf)

It might just be this version of MyIE2 I dont know......

The Dude January 20th, 2022 01:02 AM

Well it still does it..... I had MyIE2 open and I went to have dinner.... When I came back and clicked a link it was in OFFLINE MODE... I clicked file/work offline and checked it and then clicked it OFF but the CSS file wasnt loading so I had to close it and re-open....

I tell ya,this poor computer has had so many problems and its amazing because this was in a repair shop... They gave us this one back in 2000 or something like that.....

Im gonna leave IE6 open directly next time I go off and do something and see if it disabled that,I think its got something to do with the browser NOT BEING IE6 but a wrapper......

I dunno....... Its discouraging when ya cant figure something out!