Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Windows Vista (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   New Computer, ST Scheduling Services error message at startup (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=199331)

RDG June 30th, 2009 01:32 PM

New Computer, ST Scheduling Services error message at startup

Event Viewer shows:

Faulting application STService.exe, version 1.0.0.51, time stamp 0x49cb4d0d, faulting module STLog.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a783, exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset 0x0006ecfb, process id 0x9dc, application start time 0x01c9f97c4bfcedc7.

Did some basic searching, and the only thing I could find was 1 instance of this being a virus??? Is this associated with a particular program that comes with a Dell?

I did remove a bunch of pre-loaded software, some ebay stuff, and the general garbage loaded by Dell. I had no issues yesterday night, and this morning is the first I've seen this message. Just wondering if anyone can point me to an answer.

Windows Vista Home Premium x64

I did run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, found 1 issue:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38
Database version: 2353
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

6/30/2009 7:11:30 AM
mbam-log-2009-06-30 (07-11-30).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 175413
Time elapsed: 25 minute(s), 33 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChange s (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

RDG July 1st, 2009 03:04 AM

Update

Well after I posted this morning, I re-ran the CCleaner registry cleaner, and that seems to have fixed the issue. No more pop up at startup, and no more error in the application event log.

AnnMarie July 1st, 2009 04:58 AM

Quote:

I did remove a bunch of pre-loaded software, some ebay stuff, and the general garbage loaded by Dell. I had no issues yesterday night, and this morning is the first I've seen this message. Just wondering if anyone can point me to an answer.
STService.exe is a component of PC Angel backup and Recovery software.

jmgweb July 18th, 2009 06:58 PM

STLog.dll not found error Solved

I Solved this problem after some web search for solutions by going into Control Panel and uninstalling the Dell Datasafe software programs that came with my brand new Dell XPS M1330 Laptop, running Vista 64. There were three programs altogether: Datasafe, Datasafe Support Services, and Datasafe Online. My opinion is that until a software program is fully tested and well-behaved with the OS environment being fielded, Dell should not be installing and distributing it. Happy trails.... v/r, John

RDG July 18th, 2009 07:24 PM

Thanks for your reply. I also removed the Datasafe Software, and you should've seen all the pre-loaded garbage from Dell! EBay stuff, and just a bunch of crap taking up space. I didn't get any AV with the computer, as I can only imagine what else they'd throw on it!

I almost was tempted to reload the OS after I got it, to start fresh without the crap, but I got it removed so I guess it's no biggie. Computer works great, and I wish Dell wouldn't do that. Thanks again for your help!!

housemartins September 16th, 2009 08:25 PM

great

that was a great help, thanks. could you recommend a good registery cleaner as I would like to get rid of this problem once and for all.:thumbsup: