Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Comments & Suggestions (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Hints and Tips (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=133859)

dammit October 5th, 2006 12:15 AM

Hints and Tips

Seen this on many other boards. I know there are many hints and tips available here, but they are spread around. Even some long time members don't know how to find them. How about a seperate forum?

Rainbow32 October 5th, 2006 12:48 AM

Capital idea.
Lots of times I know I've seen a hint/tip here but can't remeber where and had to resort to that god awful thing called google.

lufbra October 5th, 2006 02:26 AM

Quote:

Lots of times I know I've seen a hint/tip here
You could always print them out, or save them in a Notepad file or whatever.

How would a seperate forum work for them? Surely different forums would have to be created for different types of hints/tips?

Do the forums you see them in have them "built" into (sub category forums) this forum set used now, or are they added to a completely seperate page, as in possibly a Modification added to the forum set up? With the forum set up I use, there's a Modification created that can have tutorials (errrrr, it's called a tutorial mod), I guess something like that could be added if MishY really felt the need for it, it does allow "categories" for different types of tips/tutorials.

Harrie October 5th, 2006 12:27 PM

I think it would be fantastic, I'd love it.

dammit October 5th, 2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lufbra (Post 717920)
You could always print them out, or save them in a Notepad file or whatever.

How would a seperate forum work for them? Surely different forums would have to be created for different types of hints/tips?

Do the forums you see them in have them "built" into (sub category forums) this forum set used now, or are they added to a completely seperate page, as in possibly a Modification added to the forum set up? With the forum set up I use, there's a Modification created that can have tutorials (errrrr, it's called a tutorial mod), I guess something like that could be added if MishY really felt the need for it, it does allow "categories" for different types of tips/tutorials.

I was thinking just general tips/hints/ etc that you might come across that might be useful to other folks. You can also add *for XP users* or whatever.

Similar to this or this or this. :happy:

PurestLight October 5th, 2006 11:09 PM

Id love it too. Im always trying to think of a way to consolidate all the tips i come across. ive tried saving them and printing them out but I mislay them - both saved and printed. i started scrapbooking magazine clippings, same problem for a disorganized person like me. if there was a place, i could post them maybe (if i was organized enough!) and use them for future reference I would. Good idea whatever :)

Miz October 6th, 2006 12:19 AM

When I run across something I think I might need in the future, I copy it, open Notepad, paste it in and save it in a folder I've named Windows Tips.

The trick is to name it something that's let me find it again. :D

dammit October 6th, 2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miz (Post 718462)
When I run across something I think I might need in the future, I copy it, open Notepad, paste it in and save it in a folder I've named Windows Tips.

The trick is to name it something that's let me find it again. :D

Trouble is a lot of visitors here are not that clever or savvy. Also I find browsing a forum like this fun.... picking up things that apply to you, things that you would like.

lufbra October 6th, 2006 03:42 AM

Perhaps MishY could do something about it Here

dammit October 7th, 2006 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lufbra (Post 718561)
Perhaps MishY could do something about it Here

Even I have never seen that before.... hence the original idea. :dizzy:

z1p October 7th, 2006 11:33 PM

I know this doesn't help someone new looking for nuggets of info. But. what I've done here is create another folder for subcriptions called reference. When I run across a post that has info I want to hold onto I subscribe to the thread and then put the subscription under the reference folder.

lufbra October 8th, 2006 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dammit (Post 719715)
Even I have never seen that before.... hence the original idea. :dizzy:

LOL!!

So start forwarding the tips etc. to MishY, I'm sure he'll add them and make that part of CTH a great place for all to see, not that it's not a bad place as it is now. :)

renegade600 October 8th, 2006 06:22 AM

isn't this what the tutorial area is for? or what it could be used for?

dammit October 8th, 2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegade600 (Post 719954)
isn't this what the tutorial area is for? or what it could be used for?

YES... but it should be HERE :happy:

lufbra October 8th, 2006 01:08 PM

It is here, just a few clicks away, really no more than what you'd have to do anyway. :)