Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   The Anything Else Board (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Just wondering about system idle processes (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=131487)

Little Wing September 13th, 2006 12:53 AM

Just wondering about system idle processes

hi, just wondering about system idle processes , because i no longer see it in my task manager. Is this normal not to see it? Or is there a reason why its not being shown in their? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

leroys1000 September 13th, 2006 05:35 AM

Did you click the procsses tab.
Should be all the way at the bottom.

oracle128 September 13th, 2006 10:54 AM

If it's not in there, there's something very wrong with your system...

You need to make sure it's there. You can sort the tasks by name by clicking on the "Image Name" heading.

Little Wing September 13th, 2006 12:22 PM

Hi, thank you both for the responses.. Now this morning its in my processes tab in task manager.... All day yesterday it wasn't even in there. I didnt think it was good that *System Idle Processes*, and *System* both were not in their yesterday.... Well all seems good..

Any ideas of why it wasnt in there? Just wondering. My computer has been running find ever since i put a total of 1 gig of ram in. And thats been almost a year ago:)

Archangel122184 September 13th, 2006 02:52 PM

You ever see the anti-tobacco ads with the sign "WUDDAFUXUP"? Thats what happened...

The system idle process manages your processing cycles that aren't being used for actual work. Without it your OS wouldn't know when the processor was being used or not since it would have unscheduled cycles... that is a very very bad thing.

The Dude July 21st, 2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oracle128
If it's not in there, there's something very wrong with your system...

Im on 98se and its not in my Task Manager listings.. (On the processes tab)

But when I look in PROCESS EXPLORER its there..... What if I right click and choose END PROCESS TREE on that,what would happen? (I havent ever tried it)

zipulrich September 12th, 2021 05:40 PM

Your house would explode.

The Dude September 16th, 2021 04:29 PM

I guess I wouldnt ever try it then Zip! (Ah man!!)

Jaytee September 19th, 2021 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipulrich (Post 1310105)

Wow! That is serious. Leave it alone Dude..:D:D:D

Ned Seagoon October 2nd, 2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipulrich (Post 1310105)

Wow, a 15 year old thread and the OP has not logged in for 14 years, I guess his house did explode and he was in it at the time.

The Dude October 7th, 2021 04:37 AM

Yea its awesome CTH is still here isnt it buddy??

I like scanning the bases and finding good threads.... I am hopefull it will get more activity back :)