Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   An announcement will follow soon (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=87159)

MishY August 30th, 2005 01:28 AM

An announcement will follow soon

to add to this as I am trying to save up some good stuff to get it all in one.

However, 1 new thing added today is the ability to specify your Operating System in your profile.

This is then publically shown in all of your posts under "Join Date:". You can see an example of this at the top right of my post.

This I hope will make it more easy for members to assist people more quickly without having to resort to the all too familiar post:

Quote:

What OS ?
This field is not a "required" field during registration yet because I do not want to overcomplicate the registration form at this time. It will however be reviewed in the future, as knowing a members operating system when attempting to solve an issue is ofcourse invaluable.

Vercades August 30th, 2005 01:51 AM

Nice addition Mishy, should do some good for the forum. Just a thought, do you think maybe adding what kinda service pack the OS is using on it as an option as well?

sho-dan August 30th, 2005 02:04 AM

how u doin

MishY,you rock;)

Pi rules August 30th, 2005 02:29 AM

That is a very good idea. Are you considering Vercades' suggestion, because I think that would also be a good idea.

MishY August 30th, 2005 08:26 AM

Yep I will consider the SP thing - will see what I can do when I get home from work tonight. Thanks for the suggestion! ;)

dammit August 31st, 2005 12:33 AM

Maybe it should be mandatory on registering... that would be easier? The amount of times I have looked at profiles to get the OS :eek:

degsy August 31st, 2005 12:46 AM

I can see a new OS starting as JEDI.

If age is anything to go by then i'm thinking that member do not put the correct info in :p

Pi rules September 5th, 2005 03:04 PM

Would it be possible to list more than one OS? I'm sure many members have dual (or more) booting machines and would like to list more than one OS.

MishY September 9th, 2005 12:14 PM

Pi, I didn't want to overcomplicate things and I couldn't think of a way to introduce the Service pack idea mentioned above here within the confines of vbulletin so that is was as simple for new registrants as possible.

I can think of a good way to do the dual boot solution however. It will however only mean 2 options for dualboots.

MishY September 9th, 2005 12:23 PM

I have added an "Additional OS" section in the profile record of each member so that they can specify a secondary OS.

This will not show up in posts because of 2 reasons. Firstly, the majority of posts will pertain to their primary OS. Secondly, because of the limited amount of space for displaying user details I didn't want to make things too crowded.

If someone says they're dualbooting both OSs can be in their profile which achieves the desired goal.

sho-dan September 9th, 2005 01:13 PM

how u doin

MishY,outstanding job you're doin to the forum ;)

MishY September 9th, 2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho-dan
MishY,outstanding job you're doin to the forum ;)

Thanks sho-dan ;)

Pi rules September 29th, 2005 09:26 PM

Was the OS part removed with the upgrade yesterday? I don't see it any more.

MishY September 29th, 2005 09:34 PM

It will be back

MishY September 29th, 2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MishY
It will be back

:wave: