Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Gaming Problems? Check your System Req's! (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=106935)

smurfy February 14th, 2006 04:06 AM

Gaming Problems? Check your System Req's!

2 Attachment(s)
Are you having trouble with a game and think your system meets the minimum/recommended requirements? Check it out here:

System Requirements Lab

Link found by Rainbow32 - Thanks!

Here is a sample of a succesful analysis (my Sims2 test) and a failed analysis (from another PC in my home)
Great tool!

The Dude March 5th, 2006 07:27 AM

Very usefull tool!!!

Thank you Smurfy!! (And Rainbow32)

:)

Vercades March 24th, 2006 06:00 AM

Very useful, thanks Rainbow32!

FROG April 4th, 2006 05:55 PM

I like it. its good. :)

black mirror April 4th, 2006 06:14 PM

I wish i had used that before i bought Oblivion. I thought it would be the same as morrowind. and i was wrong.

.... Would have saved me a lot of money:D :D

smurfy April 13th, 2006 04:55 AM

A note of warning - While this tool is good for the most part, it's SOUND check is minimal - games that have specific sound hardware requirements are not picked up and the machine sound hardware is not always accurately identified anyway.
If your system passes this test, just double check the sound requirements before you rush out and buy that title.

A specific case in point is F.E.A.R. which really needs sound hardware & drivers to be up to scratch.

My machine can run it - just - Demo only despite the failed SRL test (fails on CPU type & speed - I was amazed because I'm considerably under the minimum) but the sound is terrible because my sound hardware is outdated.

chris t May 24th, 2006 01:58 AM

Not Accepting Dual Core!

beh it lies to my face that thing
calling my duo a p3 rrr
combined my procesor reaches 2.9Ghz
it does not support dual core(obhiously)

Pi rules July 25th, 2006 12:56 PM

It supports the Pentium D series (I have the 930):
Quote:

Originally Posted by System Requirements Lab
Congratulations, your system will ROCK this product! Wish we had a system that hot you lucky dog.

I wish my system was as good as they make it sound. The video card only has 4 pipleines. :(

My question about it is why some of the analysis values change between "Minimum" and "Recommended" like XP and my graphics card. When I tested for Madden 06, XP got a 3 on "minimum" and a 4 on recommended; my graphics card got a 4 on "minimum" and a 5 on recommended. :confused: If anything, shouldn't those ratings go down?

Thanks a lot for this link, Smurfy and Rainbow32! :wave:

Vercades July 25th, 2006 02:07 PM

I would think that when you choose recommended the scale is changed on another standard.

Man this is tough to type out in words. Wish me luck.

When it shows you minimum it's on a wider scale so if you are full bars in minimum you're sure to have the recommended requirements.

Now recommended is on a thinner scale for accuracy and, to tell how close you really are to being recommended or not.

Pi rules July 25th, 2006 02:31 PM

I agree. That's why it doesn't make since that my graphics card would be rated better on "recommended" than "minimum". My graphics card isn't that good so the scale should be tougher on both it and XP in "recommended" mode. I could maybe see XP being rated higher if a game performs better with it than 9x/ME or something, but what about the graphics card?

Vercades July 25th, 2006 03:20 PM

It looks like it works like a X&Y axis, displayed in a bar graph.

Minimum uses the entire axis, while recommended uses a specific portion depending on the game chosen.

blackfoot February 10th, 2007 01:08 PM

Hi, Thanks for your help, your info has prevented me making a big mistake-great site-Blackfoot

blackfoot February 10th, 2007 01:09 PM

Hi that thanks goes to Smurfy-Blackfoot

TranceAddict July 24th, 2007 09:25 PM

It keeps telling my my video card is not good enough in the main result.. however my system surpasses all of the games video requirements by miles. Does this mean my video card is fine and its just a SRL problem?

Pepper2003 August 26th, 2007 12:20 PM

Well according to this my system should have no problem running RCT3 or the Sims 2, but it won't run them.