Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is bottled water really better than tap? (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=168981)

The Dude November 9th, 2007 04:42 AM

Is bottled water really better than tap?

Bottled water has no flavour and tastes like crapola!!!

I prefer tap water..

zipulrich November 9th, 2007 07:15 AM

Here's a tip, Dude - flavored with a generous amount of Scotch, water tastes just fine.

jmtjet November 9th, 2007 11:15 AM

I drink the bottled water. In my city the tap water is so heavily chlorinated that it tastes like crap.

dammit November 9th, 2007 12:37 PM

Anyone that buys bottled water want's their head examined. I have some canned air for sale if anyone is interested. :happy:

DELTREE November 9th, 2007 03:21 PM

Anything is BETTER than tap (so called ) water.
Myself! I drink SPRING WATER!
I never bought a bottle of water in my life.
Like my GOOD Friend Dammit said" I have some canned air for sale if anyone is interested.
And like my Friend zipulrich said "flavored with a generous amount of Scotch, water tastes just fine."
As always your friend DELTREE, just trying to help out!

oracle128 November 9th, 2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Is bottled water really better than tap?
No. It's been proven. NEXT

renegade600 November 9th, 2007 04:19 PM

some bottle water is nothing but tap water but from another city or country.

The Dude November 9th, 2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipulrich
Here's a tip, Dude - flavored with a generous amount of Scotch, water tastes just fine.

Tanx mate ill remember that :D

oracle128 November 10th, 2007 12:45 AM

*CTH supports responsible drinking

lufbra November 10th, 2007 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oracle128 (Post 928864)
*CTH supports responsible drinking

That means half the folks shouldn't even be here. :D

zipulrich November 10th, 2007 06:20 AM

"CTH supports responsible drinking"

Yes, that's true.
Lufbra is responsible for my drinking. :D

agithegreat November 10th, 2007 08:33 PM

lol. Ever been to egypt???? I promise you my friends... you WILL drink bottled water there.....

dammit November 10th, 2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agithegreat (Post 929159)
lol. Ever been to egypt???? I promise you my friends... you WILL drink bottled water there.....

Ahhh yes... eye of a needle at 50 paces stuff :rotflmao:

bu NOT when you can get perfectly good stuff out of a tap. :happy:

jmtjet November 10th, 2007 09:32 PM

Just remember that tap water lines in most cities are 100 years old or older and run parallel with sewer lines. In most cases the sewer lines are almost as old as the water lines. As time goes by, small cracks occur in both water and sewer lines. This creates a cross contamination possibility. All municipalities keep a positive pressure on the water lines at all times to keep out the sewage. They also chlorinate the heck out of the tap water to kill bacteria from the sewage seepage. That's why each time there is a loss of water pressure due to a power failure or pump break down a boil water advisory goes into effect.

Lest we forget the Milwaukee contaminated water illness of 1993.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/vol9no4/02-0417.htm

Bottled water anyone?

oracle128 November 11th, 2007 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmtjet (Post 929188)
Bottled water anyone?

That doesn't change the fact that bottled water is still the same stuff. Even if it's contaminated, you can boil the tap water for a fraction of a cent of energy. Or, you can have someone else maybe boil the same tap water, put it in a bottle, give it a fancy name like "Pristine Mountain Springs", then sell it at a rate nearly 3 times the cost of unleaded petrol (or about 1000x the cost of tap water).