Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Internet / Browsers (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Firefox login trouble (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=234187)

Total Noob June 17th, 2020 09:52 PM

Firefox login trouble

Firefox 77 on a Gateway i3 with 6gb ram.

Account logins autofill after the first letter. I want to leave no clues for the next guy. The setting for autofill login is checked but gray with no opportunity to highlight and then uncheck. What is the plan? thanks.

Buzz June 17th, 2020 11:08 PM

Dump cookies

Total Noob June 20th, 2020 07:10 PM

No help. Deleted cookies several ways simultaneously, but the issue remains. Any other methods?

Miz June 21st, 2020 01:41 PM

Under "Logins and Passwords," make sure "Ask to save logins and passwords for websites" is checked which should then let you uncheck "autofill logins.."

Total Noob June 21st, 2020 06:08 PM

NG. As mentioned, I tried and was unable to change a greyed setting. Any other thoughts?

Miz June 21st, 2020 07:57 PM

Yes, I read your OP and checked the settings on my Firefox.
On mine, the Autofill checkbox is greyed out when the "Ask" box is not checked.

Total Noob June 22nd, 2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miz (Post 1307930)
On mine, the Autofill checkbox is greyed out when the "Ask" box is not checked.

I can't change the "ask" box; it is also greyed out. I'll look around for an answer.

Miz June 22nd, 2020 08:27 PM

Try changing privacy setting "Never remember history" to "remember history" or "Use custom settings for history."
See if that "un-greys" the check boxes.
Information I found says Firefox's privacy and security settings are interlinked.

Total Noob June 23rd, 2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miz (Post 1307937)
Try changing privacy setting "Never remember history" to "remember history" or "Use custom settings for history."
See if that "un-greys" the check boxes.
Information I found says Firefox's privacy and security settings are interlinked.

Voila. With a caveat.

I switched from Never Remember to Remember, and that ungreyed the autofill login so I could uncheck it, and then I switched back to Never Remember.

But that wasn't enough. After X out and relaunch, my logins continued to autofilled until I also deleted my history, X'd out of Firefox and relaunched again, something I should not have had to do because I had Never Remember checked from before.

Now it is finally gone and I can live in peace, I can also definitively say Firefox sucks. Try Brave or Opera.

Stay safe and distant in the crisis and remember BLM.

Jaytee June 24th, 2020 03:02 AM

Brave and Opera are fine. However I have used Firefox in both private and non private browsing without any difficulty for many years and would not dismiss it for the reason stated in OP.

stuartauffray September 28th, 2020 05:13 AM

I tried and couldn't change a greyed setting.
spanish dictionary