Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Windows 10 (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Windows 10 Tricks and Tweaks (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=231826)

Murf October 3rd, 2016 12:07 AM

Windows 10 Tricks and Tweaks

If you want to see the Calendar without going to the Tiles you can do this:

Start | Run

Type in regedit

Now clicking on the little arrows go to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\ImmersiveShell

With ImmersiveShell highlight Right Click and select NEW->DWAORD (32-bit)

Call it UseWin32TrayClockExperience (no spaces)

Close regedit

Now click on the clock lower right hand corner in system tray

Digerati October 3rd, 2016 03:06 PM

I'm confused. What does this Registry hack do? I ask because when I click on the clock, the calendar appears already without having to edit the Registry. And just to be sure, I checked and that DWORD is not already there.

Murf October 3rd, 2016 03:59 PM

Well MY BAD, I could of swore I did not see the calendar when I clicked on the clock after it updated to Anniversary. So I removed the entry in the registry and your right the calendar is still there. so this is a useless tip. Thanks

So will keep the sticky for other tips.

But members THIS IS A USELESS TIP.
:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Digerati October 3rd, 2016 05:30 PM

Hey, I'm full of useless tips too, so no big deal. ;)

IPR512 October 3rd, 2016 07:32 PM

Hey Murf
You need to get off the damn computer, and start playing more golf. :evillaugh:evillaugh:evillaugh

Murf October 3rd, 2016 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes I do. Getting too freaking Bored sitting at this computer, once I get my neck fixed plan to do that.

Honestly I never clicked on the clock after installing Windows 10, had a Gadget calendar, DUH. Too lazy to go to the Tiles so was trying to find a good Calendar Gadget when I ran across that tip. So I did it and clicked on clock and Sazammmm there was the calendar. I was proud of myself, now I am completely deflated, I feel so foolish, :angry::angry:

I know it was a "Senior Moment"

IPR512 October 3rd, 2016 11:06 PM

You can always come down this way. I would be happy to jump on your neck, and really fix it for you. :evillaugh
I haven't got a clue what you're talking about as far as Windows 10, but I believe you Murf. You're still my hero. :naughty:

Digerati October 3rd, 2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

I was proud of myself, now I am completely deflated, I feel so foolish,

I know it was a "Senior Moment"
But you should feel good that we've been so entertained! ;)

Not to worry, I suffer from SCF (senior cranial flatulence) too. It just turned past 5PM so it is martini time. Oddly, I never forget that!

IPR512 October 4th, 2016 12:10 AM

Martini time, and Nebraska is so far away, Damn! :angry:

Murf October 4th, 2016 12:27 AM

Hey you got the last storm, we may get this one. Matthew is a nasty one, they just changed the "Cone" and we are in it. Might end up with my buddy "Jim Beam" this weekend or "On the road again"... Oh well need a new roof anyways..:erm:

Murf October 4th, 2016 12:37 AM

OK! Here is one (I know works)..:evillaugh

If "Anniversary Edition" has been updated/installed and you use Microsoft Edge (I don't) maybe try it.

That’s because if you open a site like Target.com or BestBuy.com in Edge, Microsoft’s digital assistant, Cortana, will often appear and offer to use one of several coupons it found automatically. Now that’s helpful. If your into Coupons

If you are into "DARK Desktop" The Anniversary Update added a "Dark Theme" Settings>Personalization>Colors

If you’d like to be able to just bark commands at your PC, open Cortana by clicking the search field in the taskbar and select the Notebook icon in the left-side options pane. Select Settings from the list, then simply enable the Let Cortana respond when you say “Hey Cortana” option. You’ll need an active microphone for this to work, of course.

IPR512 October 4th, 2016 01:08 AM

Oh boy I hope it makes a detour, and heads far away from you guys.

Digerati October 4th, 2016 01:50 PM

But is the coupon for something you actually use? That's what bugs me about those rewards cards from grocery stores. I get emails from Hy-Vee reporting deals "selected especially for me" and they will be on items I have never bought and never will.

The Dude September 30th, 2017 07:50 PM

Disabling Windows 10 automatic brightness control

1. Go to 'Power Options'
2. Click on 'Change plan settings'
3. Click on 'Change advanced power settings'
4. Scroll down until ya get to the "Display" section and click on the plus sign to show sub-menus...
5. Click on the plus sign next to 'Dimmed display brightness'
6. Change the settings to 100% (ie: brightness level for when the display is dimmed)
7. Hit OK to save and restart,..

Another supposed "feature" that makes it harder for people I have read so I wanted to share it....

Elenax June 29th, 2018 03:12 PM

These brightness control setting are really helpful also using f.lux for eyes strain