Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Covid-19 times - How are you? (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=234101)

Jaytee May 16th, 2020 04:17 AM

After five more days and one weak case of the virus
The United States and the United Kingdom could learn a thing or two from New Zealand.

Our response to the Covid-19 pandemic has been hailed the "most impressive" by public relations experts around the world.

The government's quick action in the early days of the virus' arrival into the country meant we were able to stamp out widespread community transmission, and prevent tens of thousands of people from becoming infected and dying, as was originally predicted.

Jaytee May 28th, 2020 02:10 AM

The news over here just keeps on getting better six days in a row with zero cases of the virus.
Only twelve active (monitored) cases now exist in our country.
Sadly we lost twenty one of our most frail citizens who were aged and ill before the virus stuck.
I am hoping our Australian neighbours are fairing similarly on a state by state basis as our economies are going to become dependent on each other in the next period of time...

Ned Seagoon May 28th, 2020 03:59 AM

Yes Australia is doing well, NSW and Vic are the worst states. Unfortunately here in Queensland we had one more death yesterday, a strange one, Covid-19 was only determined at the autopsy. The chap was 30, the youngest in the country. Lived and died in a remote mining town where there had been no previous cases. He had not left town for over six months. The authorities are investigating.

Jaytee May 28th, 2020 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon (Post 1307723)
Yes Australia is doing well, NSW and Vic are the worst states. Unfortunately here in Queensland we had one more death yesterday, a strange one, Covid-19 was only determined at the autopsy. The chap was 30, the youngest in the country. Lived and died in a remote mining town where there had been no previous cases. He had not left town for over six months. The authorities are investigating.

Wow! I know the virus has a long tale but that seems a bit extreme. I wonder if there was an underlying health problem in this victim.

Ned Seagoon May 28th, 2020 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaytee (Post 1307724)
I wonder if there was an underlying health problem in this victim.

Yes there was, he had been off work sick for some while, he had some ongoing lung condition and he thought this was the problem, till his wife came home from work and found him dead.

The health authorities are contact tracing to see how the infection came into this remote town, no conclusive result yet.

Queensland Covid-19 Stats:
Population: Just over 5,000,000
Confirmed cases: 1058
Recovered: 1044
Deaths: 7
Still ill: 7


Australia Covid-19 Stats:
Population: Just over 25 Million
Confirmed cases: 7150
Recovered: 6566
Deaths: 103
Still ill: 481

Jaytee May 28th, 2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon (Post 1307727)
Yes there was, he had been off work sick for some while, he had some ongoing lung condition and he thought this was the problem, till his wife came home from work and found him dead.

The health authorities are contact tracing to see how the infection came into this remote town, no conclusive result yet.

Queensland Covid-19 Stats:
Population: Just over 5,000,000
Confirmed cases: 1058
Recovered: 1044
Deaths: 7
Still ill: 7


Australia Covid-19 Stats:
Population: Just over 25 Million
Confirmed cases: 7150
Recovered: 6566
Deaths: 103
Still ill: 481

The Queensland stats seem to be slightly better than those of NZ. That has to be a good thing. NSW appears to be getting a bit of a hammering I guess the population to be higher or more dense.

Ned Seagoon May 28th, 2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaytee (Post 1307731)
I guess the population to be higher or more dense.

Well the NSW Premier is certainly more dense, she starts opening the place up this weekend and they have the worse figures in Australia. She wants the QLD border opened, but the QLD Premier is saying 'NO' we don't want your cases up here.

NSW Covid-19 Stats:
Population: Just over 7.99 million
Confirmed cases: 3090
Recovered: 2670
Deaths: 48
Still ill: 372

Jaytee May 29th, 2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon (Post 1307732)
Well the NSW Premier is certainly more dense, she starts opening the place up this weekend and they have the worse figures in Australia. She wants the QLD border opened, but the QLD Premier is saying 'NO' we don't want your cases up here.

NSW Covid-19 Stats:
Population: Just over 7.99 million
Confirmed cases: 3090
Recovered: 2670
Deaths: 48
Still ill: 372

My goodness I hope she is not on the "make NSW great again" bandwagon. We all know how that works out

Ned Seagoon May 29th, 2020 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaytee (Post 1307734)
My goodness I hope she is not on the "make NSW great again" bandwagon. We all know how that works out

She certainly tends that way, getting the economy going again seems to be more important than stopping people getting sick, with her. Fortunately saner heads in other states are holding her at bay, for the moment.

Unfortunately we have here in Queensland one greedy businessman, and former politician who plans on challenging the border closures in a high court constitutional hearing. Clive Palmer is the prick, egged on by two right wing politicians, Peter Dutton and Pauline Hansen.

Fortunately with the speed the high court operates at, things may be back to normal before any hearing is held.

Jaytee May 31st, 2020 01:46 AM

I posted this in the wrong forum..Sorry.
Just one sick person in the entire country. Worth a sigh of relief in my veiw.
Coronavirus outbreak confirmed cases
New Zealand
TOTAL
1504
CONFIRMED
1154
PROBABLE
350
ACTIVE
1
DEATHS
22
RECOVERED
1481

Worldwide
CONFIRMED
5,704,736

+108,186*
DEATHS
357,736

+4363*

Ned Seagoon June 1st, 2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon (Post 1307723)
Yes Australia is doing well, NSW and Vic are the worst states. Unfortunately here in Queensland we had one more death yesterday, a strange one, Covid-19 was only determined at the autopsy. The chap was 30, the youngest in the country. Lived and died in a remote mining town where there had been no previous cases. He had not left town for over six months. The authorities are investigating.

Doctors have reported that the 30 year old who died, had returned a false positive for Covid-19. He, in fact, did not die from the disease, however he did suffer from epilepsy and asthma and appears to have recently caught the flu, however the exact cause of death has not been determined, but Covid-19 has now been ruled out.

Jaytee June 7th, 2020 08:23 PM

Yesterday (Sunday) we found out that there have been no new Covid-19 cases for NZ in the last 16 days. If another 12 case free days elapse the virus will be classified as eliminated in our country.
We also enjoyed a 24 hour period of not having the POTA in the news headlines. That was a short lived joy as he is back in the news this morning..

Jintan June 7th, 2020 10:04 PM

POTA? Darn, I can't think of anything funny to say. POTUS.

Buzz June 7th, 2020 11:29 PM

I'm proud of Americans.. We prevented a second wave of outbreaks....


.



.



.



.



.



... by keeping the first one going!

Jaytee June 8th, 2020 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jintan (Post 1307816)
POTA? Darn, I can't think of anything funny to say. POTUS.

Confused with POTTY :rotflmao:
Does the "U" stand for united? Hmmnn..


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:58 AM.

Copyright © Cyber Tech Help. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.