Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What Media did you last purchase? (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=224181)

The Dude March 15th, 2014 03:26 AM

I got 1 record today :)

Cactus (1st album) - 1970

zipulrich March 15th, 2014 04:05 AM

Great album. 3/4 of Beck, Bogert & Appice.
Jim McCarty's no slouch, either.

renegade600 March 15th, 2014 05:27 AM

who buys media :-)

seriously, I purchased thor 2 blu ray.

The Dude March 16th, 2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipulrich
Great album. 3/4 of Beck, Bogert & Appice.
Jim McCarty's no slouch, either.

Yea I love it ZIP!!

I tell ya since I got a record player again (A 1968 beautfiul one (all 4 speeds)) i have collected alot of 60s and 70s rock bands amoung others.... 70s was the ultimate time for rock and roll!! (Slowly started to drop off in the 80s :()

I hadnt ever heard of CACTUS and saw the album the other day @ salvation army and didnt know what kind of music they played.. When i saw "This album should be played at HIGH level" I figured it was rock and wanted to give them a try!! (I figured seeing it was from 1969/70 it would be awesome)

Im glad I did,like you said ITS GREAT!! -- One time I got another album from a band I didnt know (1986) and it was horrible!!! -- Swearing in the songs,couldnt understand them sometimes,etc..... I got rid of it the next day :D (Also Rock)

I love analog!! -- Simply beautiful in a way that cant ever be had again... (I am grateful for the analog media I have been able to find!!)

The Dude March 17th, 2014 10:19 PM

I got a record today: Average White band - Soul searching

Ned Seagoon March 18th, 2014 12:11 PM

me·di·a

[mee-dee-uh] noun
1. a plural of medium.
2. (usually used with a plural verb) the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely: The media are covering the speech tonight.

Not bought any Media recently, I leave that to people in the following list:
  • Joseph Marinaccio
However if you are referring to music CDs (perhaps you should have said that) I recently bought a CD of the music from the Rocky Horror show which I attend recently to celebrate to 40th year since it originally was presented.

The Dude March 19th, 2014 11:26 PM

Im referring to ANY MEDIA :) (VHS,records,etc :))

Anyway I got 5 records today :)

1) Meatloaf - Bat out of hell
2) Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John (This one is in Mono)
3) Van Halen - 1984
4) Foreigner - No name
5) Electric Light Orchestra - Discovery

Mr Bean March 20th, 2014 01:57 AM

Did I mention I just got a Police record?:)

zipulrich March 20th, 2014 12:22 PM

I always assumed you did, Beano. About a mile long.

Isn't that the reason you moved to Canukistan? ;)

Mr Bean March 20th, 2014 11:48 PM

Can't believe they let me in. Getting like the States. They'll let any Brits move to the Boston area :D

The Dude March 20th, 2014 11:52 PM

Today I got

1) A record: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (I cant believe how many songs are on the album THAT I KNEW AND HAVE LOVED FOR YEARS!! (Only 2 did i recognise by looking at the names on the cover))

2) A cassette: The very best of Conway Twitty (1978) -- I love traditional country music!!

I also got "Raise the titanic" today on VHS :) (1980)

The Dude March 23rd, 2014 06:43 AM

I got a cassette on saturday :)

Neil Diamonds Greatest Hits - VOL II

And i also got a movie (JUST FOR WATCHING ONCE THEN ILL BRING IT BACK)

Defcon 4 (1985)

I wasnt gonna get this @ first the other day as on the box it says "Recorded in Quality Extended Play" and that means SLP and the quality is usually crap!!

But Today I got it and when i put it in my VCR went to SP mode and I was happy!! (They must have @ 1 time recorded that movie in SLP but realised how bad it was and then did them in SP and just didnt change the box (Same thing I saw with FRIDAY THE 13th -- On that box it said EP/SLP but when I put it in,VERY HAPPY TO SEE IT WAS IN SP!! (Figured it was seeing the amount of tape on the spool (For both))))

I just cant figure out why these companies ever started putting movies IN ANYTHING BUT SP MODE!! (They arent saving anything if people dont like it!!)

lufbra March 23rd, 2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bean (Post 1268506)
Can't believe they let me in. Getting like the States. They'll let any Brits move to the Boston area :D

OY! I resemble that remark.

Them Canadians only let you in cos they felt sorry for the Welsh sheep! :D

AmyR March 24th, 2014 12:35 PM

Don't know if this really counts as "purchased" yet but I pre-ordered "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" the other day. Very excited!!

The Dude April 7th, 2014 01:40 PM

Very nice,i hope you like it when it arrives :) (If it hasnt yet)

I last got the movie STAR WARS 2 the other day on VHS!!! (ORIGINAL -- NOTHING DIGITAL/NO CHANGES) Im looking for 3 now (I have had 1 for awhile now (Original))

Star wars - THE BEST 3 PART MOVIE EVER MADE!!