Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/index.php)
-   Windows 10 (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Windows 10 Tricks and Tweaks (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthread.php?t=231826)

The Dude July 1st, 2018 04:12 AM

Welcome my friend :)

I do hope your enjoying CTH!!

Digerati December 12th, 2018 09:26 PM

more spam :(

smurfy December 13th, 2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digerati (Post 1304065)
more spam :(

Removed :)

st4pappas452 February 7th, 2020 02:49 PM

Ahha!! Thanks

The Dude February 7th, 2020 07:50 PM

Sorry for all the spam,staff tries to keep up with it but sometimes its takes a day or so till one is on...

Welcome to CTH st4pappas452 :)

Jintan February 7th, 2020 09:19 PM

Come on, Donny, It's another Spam bot.

The Dude March 1st, 2020 02:33 AM

Yes its sad isnt it buddy??

adamsmitt October 15th, 2020 11:10 AM

Hi there. I have Windows 10 and it is great to see those tricks. Thanks

The Dude October 21st, 2020 03:21 AM

Welcome to CTH :)

The Dude December 7th, 2020 03:44 AM

Welcome and thank you for sailing ashore :)

renegade600 December 7th, 2020 10:08 PM

Something I discovered not too long ago when setting up a new computer. Microsoft does not allow local accounts when setting up a new computer or installing Windows anymore. Guess it started last year. You are now required to setup a Microsoft account. But - You can bypass it by disconnecting your internet service whether it be wifi or cable and it will let you skip the account setup.

Digerati December 7th, 2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Microsoft does not allow local accounts when setting up a new computer or installing Windows anymore. Guess it started last year. You are now required to setup a Microsoft account. But - You can bypass it by disconnecting your internet service whether it be wifi or cable and it will let you skip the account setup.
But they do allow it. As you noted, just make sure you are not connected to the Internet and the install will continue with a local account. No problem.

renegade600 December 7th, 2020 11:33 PM

if microsoft really allowed it, they would give you a choice like they used to. True, they could have still forced it on you when connected.

Digerati December 8th, 2020 05:35 AM

Quote:

if microsoft really allowed it, they would give you a choice like they used to.
No. That makes no sense. They do allow it. You even said it yourself - just don't connect to a network when installing and you can press on with a local account. I do it all the time with new client builds.

If they didn't allow it, the installation would halt until you got Internet access.

Is Microsoft being pushy about using a Microsoft account? Yes. But do they still allow the use of a Local Account. Sure.

renegade600 December 8th, 2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digerati (Post 1309118)
No. That makes no sense. They do allow it. You even said it yourself - just don't connect to a network when installing and you can press on with a local account. I do it all the time with new client builds.

If they didn't allow it, the installation would halt until you got Internet access.

Is Microsoft being pushy about using a Microsoft account? Yes. But do they still allow the use of a Local Account. Sure.

why are you wanting to argue about a tip!!!! It may not make sense to you but it does to me. Until last year, you had the option to skip creating a microsoft account for your computer and go with local accounts without having to disconnect your internet. You don't anymore but you can bypass it by turning off your internet to the computer - which was my tip. For whatever reason you are wanting to argue about it - GET REAL!!!