Notices

Topic Tools
Old November 13th, 2017, 12:17 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
After you ran Ccleaner did you reboot?

C:\Program Files is the correct entry

Lets look at this:

C drive for ISUSPM.exe

Search the C drive for ISUSPM.exe. You may find a prefetch file appears. Delete it. See if it comes back.

If there's no prefetch file but ISUSPM.exe then click it. It will open up Update Manager Control Manager and tell you which programs it checks for updates. Uncheck them and see if your popups stop. If they do enable the programs one by one until the popups return. you've got the offender!

Uninstall it and re-install it. If that doesn't do it go to update Manager and check "turn off automatic update notifications". You should find the popups are gone!

Old November 13th, 2017, 12:47 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Quote:
After you ran Ccleaner did you reboot?
Yes rebooted once Ccleaner finished.

I've searched for ISUSPM.exe but it can not be found, it's not showing anywhere from the searches of the C drive. Am I missing it, have you seen it somewhere here from my logs?

Or any possible locations it might be? So that I can find it.
Old November 13th, 2017, 02:13 AM

That's the 'InstallShield Update Service Scheduler'. This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it whenever you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up resources unnecessarily.

Its File Location is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe

You can disable this process using the msconfig tool: Start > Run > Type-in: msconfig > Ok > Select the 'Startup' tab > Uncheck the 'ISUSPM' item > Click the 'Apply/Ok' buttons.

See if it is in msconfig as above
Old November 13th, 2017, 03:26 AM

I've checked misconfig in the startup tab and it's not there. No sign of isuspm.exe there.

Also the file location is correct up to the install shield folder, but in there, there is no update service folder.

Having problems finding this Murf.
Old November 13th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Jill

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
JIO22
How about humoring me by disabling the Java Update startup in msconfig just to see if that's what's causing the problem? You can always enable it in startup if that's not the problem.
Old November 13th, 2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
JIO22
How about humoring me by disabling the Java Update startup in msconfig just to see if that's what's causing the problem? You can always enable it in startup if that's not the problem.
Hi,

No problem, it's always worth a go to try and no harm done.
I've just tried this and restarted but it didn't make any difference with Java auto updater disabled.
Old November 13th, 2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Its File Location is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe

You can disable this process using the msconfig tool: Start > Run > Type-in: msconfig > Ok > Select the 'Startup' tab > Uncheck the 'ISUSPM' item > Click the 'Apply/Ok' buttons.

See if it is in msconfig as above
As above it isn't in msconfig, also it's not in the file location. Here's a pic of what is in my Installshield folder:

Maybe could this be why I have the problem - it's not where it should be?

Last edited by JIO22; November 13th, 2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old November 13th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Jill

Thanks for trying, sure was hoping that would help.
Old November 13th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Jill

For what it's worth I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and in C:/Program files I don't even have Install Shield.

If I look in C:/ Program files(x86) /Common Files/Install Shield I see the same thing as you, but I'm not having problems with my computer.
Old November 13th, 2017, 02:24 PM

It doesn't quite add up why it's not there. Murf has pin pointed ISUSPM.exe as a possible issue from the process explorer so it would be great to be able to find it. I done a bit of research on this and the file location given seems to be generally where it is, but for me (and you) it isn't there.

I'll wait and see if Murf can help, and then get back to trying post number 76.
Old November 13th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Jill

Just looked on my old Windows 7 64 bit computer, and it's the same way. Program files (x86), it shows Install Shield folder, and inside the folder Engine, IScript, Professional folders.
Both of my Windows 7 computers were full install of Windows 7 and not upgrades.
Old November 13th, 2017, 08:00 PM

I'M STUMPED.......

Have PM'd someone to have a look at the thread, maybe shed some light.
Old November 13th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Jill

What's got you stumped JIO22's problem, or the fact that I'm seeing almsot the same thing on my two computers as JIO22?
Old November 13th, 2017, 10:48 PM

I am not a Windows or Office expert, but have been using them both for over 20 years. That said, not sure I can be of any help here. But, here's my 2 cents (sorry if already suggested).

Way back in post #33, you said,
Quote:
I've uninstalled all of my Microsoft Office programs including Office 2010, so nothing was left on my laptop that was to do with Microsoft Office.

Restarted laptop.

I then used my DVD to reinstall Microsoft Office 2010 (Professional Plus). Entered my product key as part of the installation request. Installation completed all okay.

Restarted.

Right clicked and installer box came straight up on the first right click.

This did not solve the problem here.
I am curious. Did you right click to see what happens BEFORE you re-installed Office 2010? That is, when nothing was left on your laptop that had anything to do with Office?

If me, I think I would totally uninstall Office again. Reboot, then run CCleaner and run the Registry cleaner option to ensure any Office remnants/orphaned entries left in the Registry are removed. Then reboot again.

Then with no Office products installed, right click and see if you get the installer Window.

As for Java, I got rid it several years ago and have found nothing that needs it. IMO, it is just too big of a security risk. If, down the road, you find a program that needs Java, you can re-install it. https://www.howtogeek.com/122934/jav...and-heres-how/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIO22
I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista at the start of this year. The popup installer box was present on Vista too, and now still here.
I am really curious what program this installer is really for??? I'm only on page 4 of this thread but I might search through the Registry with Regedit to look for the Run and RunOnce entries to see if they all make sense.
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
I'M STUMPED.......

Have PM'd someone to have a look at the thread, maybe shed some light.
Okay no problem, I'll wait for any replies to help me.

Thanks.