Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Topic Tools
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:55 AM

Audio Problem

I bought a new microphone to use with Ventrilo for online gaming. When I tried using it, it didn't work, so I downloaded a driver update via DriverGenius called Intel Audia Studio. It worked for a while, but a day later when I booted up my computer it said, "This version does not support the board detected." I am assuming it means the mother-board...I tried restarting a 2nd time and it keeps coming up with the same message.

How do I get my mic / audio working correctly without having to get a new motherboard? Heh.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:24 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Have you made sure it isn't muted?
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM

Re

Yes, I have. The error message that comes up when I start my computer probably suggests that it is something more complex.

I just lost my power this morning, and about half an hour later when I tried to start my computer up, it just wouldn't turn on! I used the same power cord that was powering my monitor successfully so I know it's the computer and not my power; also, the green light inside the computer comes on, but when I press the power button nothign happens...I doubt these 2 problems are related, I think I am just conciderably unlucky!

If anyone is able to help me w/ either problem, I'd appreciate it.

: /