Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Topic Tools
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:02 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Far Cry Still Showing As Installed Even Though It Isn't

Yesterday I installed Far Cry just so that I could check out what it was like with my new graphics card. The installation got to about 99% and then said "removing backup files" but stayed like this for nearly an hour.

So I decided to click 'cancel' and the installation cancelled (so I presumed) but weirdly I was able to play the game by clicking the Far Cry icon on the desktop even though it hadn't fully installed.

After seeing what the graphics were like on it I decided to get rid of it so went into ADD/REMOVE. Once in there I couldn't find it at all so decided to just delete the 'Ubisoft' folder within Program Files. I then ran CCleaner & Registry Mechanic in the hope of getting rid of the left over registry entries.

Today I put the Far Cry disc back into the PC so that I could install it again as I wanted to show my friend this time, but instead of getting the 'Install' option I got the 'Play' option. Now this seems weird to me as I have deleted everything to do with it (as far as I'm aware, I'm 95% sure) but I'm not getting the option to Install, just play.

I have tried clicking Play and also Uninstall but whenever I click them the Autoplay screen just closes and I'm left back at the desktop.

How can I make sure EVERYTHING to do with the installation has been deleted?

HK

Old January 11th, 2007, 10:15 PM

O/S: Windows 8 Pro
Hi Vanchatron, you could use a restore point so that you'd know that everything is back to the way it was before the install. There is definitely some files left on the machine, in future, if you cant find it in add/remove try manually finding the uninstall folder in the games directory, you might even get the opportunity to do a repair install
Old January 12th, 2007, 08:55 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
If you really want to get rid, try RegCleaner, very simple to use, and better than CCleaner,

http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...egCleaner.html

You can view the whole registry and everything, just check if Farcry or Ubisoft files are still there, and just one click after checking the files, they are gone. Its really good software. steffkelly's point is better though.
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:43 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
There may be a setup file on the Farcry disc (eg. setup.exe). If so, it may be your ticket to a reinstall, bypassing the autorun menu.
Old January 14th, 2007, 05:26 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Thank you everyone

HK