Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Topic Tools
Old January 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM

Unhappy cyclic redundancy check

when trying to install diablo 2 on one of my computers i get an error about d2speech.mpq saying "cyclic redundancy check" a google of this told me that it is thinking the disk is fake, but it is real and payed for. the disk is completely clean and scratch free.
i have tried copying the file to my computer which leads to my computer freezing until i take the disk out and then getting the same error. i have also tried to network the file from a different computer, but couldn't get it on that computer to network it over. the last thing i tried was emailing the file to myself but with no effect, when i try to attach the file to the email the next page never connects and it wont attach. I'm in the process of trying to persuade a friend of mine to email me the file but hes being a bit stingy. i doubt its the disk because i have installed it on this computer before but had to uninstall due to the expansion not detecting that the original was installed (but they both worked fine) and it was installed on a different computer but that was a few months ago. thanks in advance for any help.

i have now tried chkdsk/r and installed again, but it didn't work.

Last edited by lustigj90; January 5th, 2007 at 05:46 PM.

Old January 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM

sorry im going to have to do this but............
bump.
Old January 12th, 2007, 05:55 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
it is possible that even though it could be your Disc drive? or maybe over time the disc is messed up internally and not visible (scratches, etc). Try installing it on another computer again since the problem has come up.
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:15 PM

ive tried installing to a different computer and that didnt work, but that computer is very old and messed up and is never used anymore. i will try a lens cleaner when i next have access to that computer.

Last edited by lustigj90; January 13th, 2007 at 12:44 AM.