Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Topic Tools
Old August 15th, 2016, 12:44 AM

After an update, Windows 10 cannot connect to Network

Hi all,

Earlier this week I updated my laptop. It was a significant update as my laptop restarted several times during the process. Since the update was completed, I have not been able to connect to my home wireless network. Each time I attempt, my laptop will ask for the security key, but after a while will display "Can't connect to this network." I have tried to reset the router and also uninstall then reinstall the network adapter drivers, but nothing is working. My other computer at home as well as all mobile devices are able to connect to the network.

However, when I turn my iPhone into a personal hotspot, my laptop can connect to my iPhone. I also brought my laptop to a public Wi-Fi spot and it will connect and allow access to the Internet.

This is an Acer Aspire E5-573 laptop running Windows 10.

Old August 18th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Banned

Looks like the update has cause issues. A lot of people are having problems with windows 10. When i upgraded my laptop windows 10 messed up my start menu and icon try. It took me a while to fix it. Try updating your wireless adapter and if it does not solve the problem then run "troubleshooting the network".