Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Topic Tools
Old July 19th, 2014, 10:51 PM

Exclamation AI or a computer functionality problem?

My computer seems to automatically close out of all Internet Explorer tabs. Based on my suspicions I would believe it auto exits windows when it detects Internet Explorer as the currently open window and has no activity. At least that's what I think. It always seems to happen when I'm on YouTube watching a gaming video in full-screen, what happens I'm guessing is that as I'm watching a video Internet Explorer becomes the current window and since videos are like 9-30 minutes long there becomes a delay in which the computer is wanting to detect and believe this to be inactivity. It's not just that only the YouTube window gets closed but if it detects inactivity it closes all Internet windows together without even giving a warning or an error message or even a pop up when it closes saying that Internet Explorer was forced to close. I've also searched the web and found nothing about a computer automatically closing without any error messages, my computer is not crashing it works perfectly fine and the window closes right in the middle. There might be an option to turn this off if it is actually a feature built into the computer or maybe not but if it is I do not know where to find it or what I should do to stop this from happening? I would really like some help with this (annoyance of a) problem!
Also a little strange note is that like I said it closes if Internet Explorer is the current window it never seems to automatically close if it is a background process.

Old July 19th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
has this always been the case or is this something new? you try another browser to see if it is a browser issue or somethig else? exactly what computer model, how much ram, and how much free space on c drive.