Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Topic Tools
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:27 PM

Bad install on windows 8

Mods.Not sure if i am puting this in the right place.

Hi,I have been working on this HP mini netbook 1030 for 3 days with no luck.My problem is i tryed to install windows 8 and it formated the hdd but it stoped and will not let put a partition on it to load windows 8.This netbook does not have a cd dvd drive.I am 60 years old and not the smartest when it comes to all this burning to usb storgage device,anyway i want to know if it would be possible to make me something to do this so all i have to do is copy it to the usb pen drive.Thank YOU

Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:19 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Welcome to CTH

If it doesn't have a CD/DVD drive then you are trying to install Windows 8 from a USB thumb drive? What is Windows 8 on? Your desktop?
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:12 PM

bad windows 8 install

Hi,I made a iso imgage and wrote it to my usb thumb drive.I got all the way to format the drive but it will not let me make a partition large enough to install windows.I am using 32 bit windows 8.thanks for the help.Ron
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:05 AM

So it booted OK from the USB thumb drive? Found the hard drive of the netbook but would not allow you to partition it? What size drive is n the Netbook? Probably has 2 partitions right? Operating system on one of the partitions that came with the Netbook? Maybe that is the one you are trying to partition?

When Win 8 gets ready to install it ask you where to install what choices are you given?
Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
Banned

If you haven't CD Drive then try to install win 8 from the USB drive. Else you are not able to install windows 8 make a contact with gateway support team member.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:12 PM

edwardsmith did you read the post. He is trying to install from USB, you have posted twice with the same crap; make a contact with gateway support team member, which maybe you are one. Continue posting nothing and your visit here at CTH will be short lived. If you have knowledge to help then post it.

rlpinter do you still have the same problem? Since it's been a while.