Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Topic Tools
Old June 5th, 2016, 10:14 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Nvidia and Windows 10 compatibility

I have recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I have noticed that youtube videos
and internet videos will just not play, and some pages open very slow and I have to click
the refresh button go back and try again or quit.
I tried searching the net for a fix and help with updates etc but have not been able to
correct it.
Something came to mind to contact Nvidia and they told me that my installed graphics card
is not compatible with windows 10 so no drivers or fixes.
My graphics card is: NVIDIA NFORCE SERIAL ATA CONTROLLER (2X) and the motherboard is:
AS ROCK N68-S, and the PC is 32 BIT 64 BIT ready.
I was thinking of trying to replace the card myself but do not have a clue as to which one to
to purchase and compatibility, Nvidia sent me list compatible with windows 10 but there
are loads.
So can anyone tell me what replacement would be suitable with the one I have listed above.
I have just realised form this part of their reply:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked and this motherboard has a NVIDIAŽ GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a processor ,
Windows 10 being a brand new Operating system has new minimum hardware requirements in
order to support all the features and specifications of the new OS, so some older
generation graphics cards are not able to be supported with Windows 10. Unfortunately the
nForce 630a with a GeForce 7025 (This is an onboard graphics controller embedded on an
nForce motherboard) is not supported on Windows 10. The nForce motherboards that
support Windows 10 are listed below for your reference. NVIDIA nForce 730a Desktop
NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI Desktop NVIDIA nForce 760i SLI Desktop NVIDIA nForce 980a/780a
SLI Desktop
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I note when they asked for a screen shot of device manager/display adaptors nothing was
showing for nvidia, so it appears that the upgrade wiped anything to do with nvidia off
the system.

Are they telling me that the PC needs a new motherboard, and a new graphics card will not
resolve the problem.
Any help and comments will be gratefully received, many thanks.
Peter.

Old June 5th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
1. did you go to the computers manufacturers website, search for your specific model and see if they have graphic drivers available? sometimes they have drivers when windows don't
2. did you try another browser to see your videos are still slow?
3. did you disable hardware acceleration in your browser settings?
Old June 6th, 2016, 02:46 PM

They are saying that the ON-BOARD graphics (built into the motherboard) is not compatible with Windows 10. Yes you can get a separate Video Card that will work with Windows 10.

Your motherboard has a PCI Express X16 slot (also a X1 slot) and 2-PCI slots. So you would be looking for a PCI Express X16 Video Card.

Windows 10 is probably using a generic driver, which by default is the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, you could try and see if the Windows 7 driver works?/ Go here and download the Windows 7 driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/14874/en-us

If not then a separate video card will obviously work. I would find one with at least 1GB built in memory
Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-606-_-Product

All you do is find the card you would like then check the nVidia website to see if there is a Windows 10 driver for it. Shop around.
Old June 6th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Certifiable Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
They are saying that the ON-BOARD graphics (built into the motherboard) is not compatible with Windows 10. Yes you can get a separate Video Card that will work with Windows 10.
but they did not say who said it was not compatible? It just may not be compatible with microsofts version of the driver. sometimes the computer manufacturers create their own drivers that will work. That is why I asked.
Old June 6th, 2016, 10:38 PM

If you go to the ASRock site, which I did, you will see there is no driver available in Windows 8/8.1/10
Old June 6th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Certifiable Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
If you go to the ASRock site, which I did, you will see there is no driver available in Windows 8/8.1/10
what does the computer manufacturer show? if it is oem, you get the drivers from the computer manufacturer because they have their own drivers in a lot of cases. You cannot always get the drivers from the mb manufacturer. You should know that.
Old June 11th, 2016, 03:23 PM

I am thinking of purchasing this card:
Asus GeForce GT 610 Silent Nvidia Graphics Card (2GB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, HDMI
and would like an opinion of the suitability to install into my AS Rock N68-S motherboard.
http://www.ebuyer.com/387399-asus-ge...t610-sl-2gd3-l
Many thanks, Peter.
Old June 11th, 2016, 05:15 PM

Will work, has a Windows 10 driver, minimum power supply required is 300W.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

Heatsink is big, if you by chance have another card in the PCI slot next to it, may have to move over to the other PCI Slot

For the price good card, as reviewers said really not for high end gaming. As this is a low end card. But if you do not play games that require heavy graphics then this card will work fine.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/vi...GeForce+GT+610