Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Topic Tools
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:04 AM

0xc000000f error windows 8 I have no repair disc

Hi I have an ASUS laptop. I downloaded a map program form the web, then decided to uninstall it before using it. I got a message that said the unistall would be complete once I shut down and restarted. When I did, I instead got the ASUS logo screen with a message at the botton that said it was doing a diagnostic on my computer. Then after that it said it was fixing disc errors and it could take more than one hour. After about 2 hours I turned it off. Then turned it back on and it went through this process again--diagnostic t hen repair errors--but then the battery died mid-process and it wasnt completed. So next time I turn it on, i just get a grey screen that eventually goes to a blue screen that says 'recovery' and that I should use a disc to perform repair or contact the manufacuterer and the error code was 0xc000000f. So I called ASUS and they walked me through some steps that included turning on then tapping F9 key in an attempt to get me to a screen from which I could access something that would allow me to choose 'repair', I believe. Anyway it never took me to that screen, it just went back to the blue recovery screen. I can access a screen called 'aptio' from that blue recovery screen, but nothing else. Also when I click, from the recovery screen, 'try again' I get a message that gives me a 0xc0000001 error code. ASUS told me to send the computer to them, but before doing that I'm just wondering if there is any other thing anyone might know of I can try. I have no recovery disc and obviously cannot download anything since I cannot get to square one. Thank you

Old September 26th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisca View Post
Hi I have an ASUS laptop. ... So I called ASUS and they walked me through some steps ... ASUS told me to send the computer to them,... I have no recovery disc ... Thank you
No, you should send it to Asus.