Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Topic Tools
Old April 6th, 2019, 02:47 PM

Both side printing

I am using win 10 and an HP P1505n laser printer. I do not have the "print on both sides checked" in the printer settings. However, I keep getting the message to flip the paper over to print on the other side. I have reinstalled the print driver but keep getting the message. How do I stop the message so it just prints on one side?

Old April 6th, 2019, 04:22 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider View Post
I am using win 10 and an HP P1505n laser printer. I do not have the "print on both sides checked" in the printer settings. However, I keep getting the message to flip the paper over to print on the other side. I have reinstalled the print driver but keep getting the message. How do I stop the message so it just prints on one side?
Before you do a printing.
Do a check of the "Print Preview".
If it shows a second page as well as the 1st page.
Try adjusting the "Page Setup", and check the "Print Preview" again too see if that solves it.
Or check the printer "Properties", and see what the "Page Setup" is.
Also, check for "Fit to Page" when doing a print out.

If you use MS-WORD, Wordperfect, OpenOffice, etc.
Check the "printer settings", and "page setup" in these programs.

Signed: Ensign Tzap
Old April 7th, 2019, 02:54 PM

Does it do this with every application you print from? That is, does it do this when printing multi-page .pdf files as well as multi-page Word documents? Or only Word documents? What about a long .txt files with Notepad? If just one application, I would look carefully in the settings/options menu of that application.

If Ensign Tzap's suggestions don't help, please reply with the exact word-for-word message you are getting and if possible, what is sending the message. That is, are you getting a popup on your monitor from Windows telling you to turn the paper over? From the application? Or from the HP monitoring program? Or some LED or display on the printer itself?

When you reinstalled the driver, did you completely uninstall the old one first, then reboot, and install again? The reboot step is important to allow Windows to let go of any setting it might be holding on to.