Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Topic Tools
Old November 20th, 2019, 04:43 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Comcast called about excess net connections...

Comcast scanned my computer, gave me a runaround, I asked them about solutions, they wanted to talk problems, then sell me something, I guess.

This is about two computers. My dad's at his retirement apartment, and my laptop connected thru his router.
Running ESET full scan now on desktop, 4/5th done, 460K files.

The laptop
Dell Precision 7730, Xeon, Win 10
netstat showed a whole bunch of net connections and adding more...

I ran ESET ful scan, on this laptop, found and quarentined 3 files, stopped it before done.
Ran ESET again, quick scan, got a Blue Screen. And icon to D: drive SSD disappeared.

Run OTL? Settings?

Thanks! -Jeff

Old December 3rd, 2019, 02:45 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

How-do Jeff. I never noticed this post was malware related, so didn't respond. Were you able to solve your problems?
Old December 9th, 2019, 09:56 AM
CTH Subscriber

Maleware? don't know, nothing obvious, just an overreaction to Comcast and my gullibility. And coincidence.

Dell 3847 in question, ran ESET full scan online, it found 6 items, 2 AVAST it could not quarantine. Used 3847 for 5 days?, switched it out for my very old Dell 690, the same one, I believe, I asked for help on here a while ago, then dropped the thread. I think I retired the 690 back then. It may have issues, doesn't run videos smoothly (and it did before I moved it here) sound continues with frozen/jumpy video. Internet speed test here is often over 100Mb/s. (probably should "recycle" this 2005 massive computer?)

The 7730 Windows10, ran ESET full scan online and stopped it in the middle, then it went Blue Screen, and lost access to a 1 TB SSD that I added quite a while before. I had lost access to the same SSD before, diagnosed it with Dell, said it was the slot on motherboard, switched to another location, it worked. So I did same thing, switched to new location, it worked again. Back then planned on Dell replace motherboard, but their left and right hands weren't cooperating. Probably should do that now, less than a year old. I've been using laptop since then on secure wifi, no public connections. No issues.
Old December 9th, 2019, 12:22 PM
CTH Subscriber

I guess I should check out the Dell 3847, my father's computer.
Old December 9th, 2019, 10:21 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

If you mean checking for malware, just post a new request in the Malware Removal forum and I will help you there.