Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Topic Tools
Old December 15th, 2019, 09:52 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Deleted File Recovery Tool

I just accidently deleted all files (Music, Moives, Pictures etc) from my second hard drive (one i use for storage) and was wondering, if anybody knows of a free or cheap but effective recovery program? I found one called 'ibeesoft data recovery' but to me it looks a little bit expensive.

Any help on this would be great

Old December 16th, 2019, 01:04 AM
Jill

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
I’ve never used Recuva, but have seen it mentioned here, and on other forums. You might want to Google it.
Old December 16th, 2019, 01:20 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Take a read here -----> https://www.techradar.com/best/best-...overy-software
Old December 16th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Since I didn't see it mentioned on that website, and have used it reliably many many times, I would like to mention DiskDigger. Unfortunately, the trial version now only let's you find a limited amount of files, so you would have to pay the $15 USD to have it find all files. I have used Recuva, and a few others, but DisDigger finds every single file of the type you choose that has ever been on the drive. Every file, so if you choose to find .jpg's, for example, it will find every .jpg from every website that has ever been viewed on the drive, as well as the many many .jpg's that comprise Windows.

Some recommendations. Only search for one file type at a time (such as .jpg). Whatever is found save it to a USB drive or external drive. Don't save them to the drive you are searching. For .jpg's, programs like DiskDigger usually locate a few thousand files. And they won't be saved as their original file names, but named by their location on the drive. For example, UncleJoe.jpg will be 3291854.jpg. Save them all to a folder, then arrange the folder from large to small file. Photographs tend to inhabit the large files, while Windows and website files tend to be a lot smaller. Set the view to Large Icons so you can see the pictures, then save the ones you want to another folder.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 07:30 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Hi, I was thinking of a program I have used many times with good success, 'Stillbon Data Recovery Software', which seems to work very well on my Windows system.
You can choose what type of file it seaches for, pictures, documents or videos etc.
It will search for any recoverable files and shows them on screen, you then tick the thumbnail of each file you want to be recovered, right-click on any one of the choosen files, and choose the drive to use as a 'target', (could be a Flash drive for instance, but it must be a different drive from where they currently are.)
This has been very useful to me several times, on several different PCs. Well worth trying.

More-

Old March 2nd, 2020, 07:31 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Hi, I was thinking of a program I have used many times with good success, 'Stillbon Data Recovery Software', which seems to work very well on my Windows system.
You can choose what type of file it seaches for, pictures, documents or videos etc.
It will search for any recoverable files and shows them on screen, you then tick the thumbnail of each file you want to be recovered, right-click on any one of the choosen files, and choose the drive to use as a 'target', (could be a Flash drive for instance, but it must be a different drive from where they currently are.)
This has been very useful to me several times, on several different PCs. Well worth trying.