Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Topic Tools
Old July 1st, 2019, 12:47 AM

Graphics Programming Advice

Good morning folks,

A newby here, so a big thank you, in advance to everyone. Much appreciated!!.

Please forgive me if this post is in the wrong "place".

Some years ago now, I studied and done (did ?) some Computer Programming........Graphics mainly.......in BASIC (Basica, GW-Basic mainly) and Pascal (Borland Turbo Pascal).

I still do have a small collection of such *.bas and *.pas source code.

Want to teach Sons now Graphics Programming, by re-visiting those source code examples that I do have, plus introduce other source code examples..........Yep, these 2 languages are older now I know, but still want to teach our Sons. Have DOSbox and BTP 7.0 and a few different flavors of BASIC (GW, Qbasic, QB64, Dark Basic etc etc).

My inquiry is does anyone have any *.bas and *.pas graphics demos source code that they can share ?.........things beyond just the basic line, circle etc etc commands.........things like plasma, fire, 3D, advanced use of line, circle, putpixel, animation etc etc.

Yep, I have consulted Mr, Google, but not a great deal of source codes in BAS and PAS alas :-(.

Thank you so much again!!,
Ian.

Old July 2nd, 2019, 04:07 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Hi Ian, Many years ago I did some graphics programming in PovRay. This is open source and the latest version is available for multiple platforms. I can remember producing the most realistic scenes using this language.
Take a look at http://www.povray.org/ and see some examples of what is possible to produce in the hall of fame, all from lines of code.