Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Topic Tools
Old November 17th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Very good then. Just some final changes to finish up here.

Go to Start - Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features/Uninstall, then click on each of the following programs, if they show there, and click "Uninstall/Change". All your choice, but these really are jusr resource wasters (and the "Search Protection" is just to make sure yahoo defends it's search turf):

Yahoo! Install Manager
Yahoo! Internet Mail
Yahoo! Mail Advisor
Yahoo! Search Protection
Yahoo! Software Update
Yahoo! Toolbar
Google Update Helper

------------

Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ComcastAntispyClient"=-
Go to Start Search, type notepad.exe in the Start Search box. Notepad.exe will appear at the top of the Menu. Rightclick on it and choose "Run as administrator"., and copy the text inside the box above and paste it into the open Notepad textbox.

Save this to your desktop as "fixer.reg"

Be sure to include the "" quotes in the name.

Then right click fixer.reg, select Merge, and allow it to merge the new information with the Registry. Just removing a startup remnant.

---------

The logs show you have slightly outdated versions of vulnerable programs, so Go to each of these sites and update to the latest version (keep your eyes open - they often slide in "opportunities" for things like Google, or McAfee's scanner):

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/
(For Adobe Reader and Flash Player - uncheck the useless McAfee scan, if offered)

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
(For Java 7 Update 9 - trying to slip Ask adware/spyware to systems lately, so watch and uncheck it)

--------

You can also at this time delete the files/folders of the tools we used. To assist with some of that run OTL again. This will help by automatically removing some of the tools we used.

Just click CleanUp, and select Yes. When it finishes removing some of the tools and files we used there just agree to the reboot.

-------

In addition, I like to recommend reviewing the information Here to make sure you stay malware free.

Old November 17th, 2012, 05:45 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Okay thanks, I'll remove most of the stuff you suggested, but I'm pretty stuck on yahoo toolbar. I've used it for years, but I'll remove the other stuff. Thank you for your help.
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator