Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Topic Tools
Old April 2nd, 2020, 05:38 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
what a day

I live in a duplex and my neighbor has a dog that is penned up during the day in their bedroom right next to mine. was crying, howling, tearing something up so it woke me and could not get back to sleep.

found a voice mail from my supervisor telling me the two week furlough is now extend through June 8. I had to go pickup some paperwork.

as I was driving the check engine light came on so a quick stop at auto zone to check it. turns out to be nothing major though it is going to get expensive.

after getting my paperwork, decided to wash my car. the car wash was only had one stall open and it no longer took quarters. the brush was not connected at the top so got showered with soap.

as soon as drove out of the car wash there was a splat up on the windshield. I better not catch that bird.

went to walmart and I swear they want their customers to catch the virus. they got most of the front doors roped off/ everyone will have to walk through a small area so they are not keeping the customers separated. the shorter hours was bad enough, instead of customers coming to the store spread out over a longer period of time, they want them all to come in at once with shorter hours.

Only one positive. they finally had toilet paper and because I played by the rules so did not hoard was almost out. was afraid I was going to have to tear pockets off my clothes and use those. what a relief.

and was only three hours into the day. anyway, how is your day so far?

Last edited by renegade600; April 2nd, 2020 at 06:12 PM.

Old April 3rd, 2020, 01:33 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Wow.
My day was better than yours, I think. I've had a bunch of shows cancelled, but that's not my main income. My job is considered "essential", so at least I still have money coming in. After work today I got gas for $1.17 a gallon...pretty cheap for around here. Sunny mid-70 degree weather, so I took my dog for a walk on a rails-to-trails near downtown. Bikers, runners, dog walkers galore. Life as usual, COVID be damned apparently.
Old April 3rd, 2020, 04:18 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
What kind of shows do you do, Zipulrich?

I posted this (below) on my Facebook page a few days ago. It's not just one day, but all this is as a possibility of saving an amputation below my left knee.....

I do have a bit of an update as far as my health is concerned. At the beginning of this month I was signed up with a new healthcare program, through a different company than the previous one. I was then set up to start having hyperberics but before starting, the wound care doctor checked in my ears. He found that there was a lot of redness inside, and was concerned about that. He also saw a lot of wax in my left ear, and he asked his nurse to remove that. During the hyperberic treatment, my left ear gave me problems while the pressure in the chamber built up. This pain was very much like what I have when I am in an airplane, and it's going in to land. The doctor said I should go see a doctor about putting tubes in both ears. Sheila and I went to the ENT doctor, she explained what she would do, she mentioned that the numbing solution she puts into my ears would cause a stinging sensation, she was right about that. After that she started putting in what I can only think was the feeling of a needle into my ear, that was one of the most painful things that I have ever felt! I kept pulling my head away, the doctor told me that I have to keep still. To cut a long story short, I asked to cancel this procedure. The doctor then said I would need to have the tubes inserted into my ears, and the only other way would be through a general anesthetic. For this, my own doctor needed to give clearance for this to be done. We went to see him, he asked several questions of which one of my answer's was that I have shortness of breath when talking. My doctor had me do an EKG test. The results of this showed what my doctor thought may have been a couple of heart attacks since my last EKG, which was done in April 2019! Because of this my doctor wanted me to see a cardiologist. We saw him today, and he told us that I hadn't had two heart attacks, but he did set a date for me to have a stress test next month. I have also been going for infusions, which means having antibiotic fluid pumped into me through a picc line. As if this isn't enough, I had somehow banged my left foot against something. I told me doctor who then set up my having an x-ray. The x-ray showed that my left little toe is broken!
Old April 3rd, 2020, 10:25 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Holy crap this virus is nothing compared to what you are going thru. TOO MUCH STASH....
Old April 4th, 2020, 04:37 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
but he did set a date for me to have a stress test next month.
Hope he explained the risks of taking a stress test. A work colleague of my wife was sent for a stress test. He took this in a hospital, while on the treadmill he suffered a heart attack and carked it right there in front of the doctor.
Old April 7th, 2020, 03:19 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Hope he explained the risks of taking a stress test. A work colleague of my wife was sent for a stress test. He took this in a hospital, while on the treadmill he suffered a heart attack and carked it right there in front of the doctor.
Back in 2009 I had a "mild" heart attack, and had to have a stent put in. After that I was given a stress test, but because of what I'd gone through back then, the test was done on a hospital bed with my being hooked up to a gazillion wires/probes/etc. Previous to that (I can't remember the year) I did have a stress test of which a treadmill was used. The last part of that had me "walking" on the treadmill for as long as possible. Two nurses stood by waiting for me to tell them I can't go on any longer. I think is was something like 9 1/2 minutes before I told them I can't go on any more. They then had me carrying on while they slowly lowered the speed of the treadmill. I had to then sit for ten minutes while they monitored my heart while getting back to normal.
Old April 7th, 2020, 03:20 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
too much stash....
Not a chance with you lot around here!!!