Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Topic Tools
Old January 21st, 2020, 03:16 PM

Problem with new build

Since there´s so many bright guys on this board, I hope someone can help me .
I´ve been building computers since 1994 and have never had a problem that couldn't be solved, but with this new build I give up. The parts are:

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-a
CPU: Socket 1151 - Intel i5-6500 - 3.2 GHz
CPU Cooler: Be Quiet Pure Rock
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz
Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 600
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750w cable select ( 1 ) I've had it in my old machine and it worked perfect.

the problem is:

Turn on PSU the PSU - CPU & case fans starts after a few seconds begin to power down and starts again and repeats.
I returned the Motherboard - CPU and RAM to where I bought them, they returned them wrote they worked fine together ( hmmm ) I bought the parts around 1 year ago but got so mad that I put it away until now.

I've tried the following.

Only MB & CPU and a speaker. Turned it on ... CPU light light up briefly, RAM light is on and I've got 1 long and 2 short beeps - tben it power down and starts over in a loop. I put the rAM in and turned it on again the same happend but without the beep errors.

I removed the PSU ( 2 ) from the machine I'm using now and put it in the new build, the same happend so I thought the error was the motherboard, I the took PSU 1 and connected to the machine I'm using - the same error accured, so now I'm confused.

I tried to reset BIOS/CMOS no luck

I took a paper clip at connected the green with the black on the PSU power cord ( I don't know what it's called - I'm danish ) turned it on and it worked fine.

One of the many time I've tried to turn the machine on it actually worked and I got into the BIOS - I turned ir off and turned it on again to boot from a USB stick and it didn't work again, haven'r been able to get it to worked since then.

I don't know one who have a PSU I can try. I can't afford to buy both a new PSU and MB only one of them, I hope one of you have an idea to what I can try to figure out what the problem is, before I'll my hair turns gray gggggggggggggg

Thanks in advance

Old January 21st, 2020, 04:24 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
At first I thought of the 4 pin connector was not installed, edge of board.

Are you using a Video (Graphics Card), does it require extra power?

one long 2 short beeps mean MEMORY problem. How many sticks you using? Try just one see if it boots, switch them out one at a time.
Old January 21st, 2020, 05:33 PM

Thanx a lot for your answer. the error beeps were when I had no RAM in the slots at all.
I have 4 slots, challel A & B and I've tried different slots. I bought 2 ( they have to sit like a pair) I bought 2 more and changed the around. I haven't put my Graphic card on the MB yet.
I've got an 8 pin connector and it was installed