View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2020, 05:06 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Cool Problems Switching to Linux

Okay. I had Win 7. And as you know support ended last week. Talked to a neighbour and he suggested going to Linux-which I did. But the problem was that the hard drive apparently died 2 days after support ended. I lost my web addresses and YouTube links. I'm guessing I can get those from someone who can access the folder? But my main issue is trying to find a photo editor that will work with this OS. Can anyone suggest a good editor like ACDSee or FotoWorks? I tried Fotoworks and it said "access denied." I even looked for a Fotoworks Linux version and found nothing. I also need a txt editor so I can save my web addresses and links. I can't seem to open an .odt file extension or save it to my flash dr. because this is Libre Office-not Windows Office. What will work with Linus that is reliable? Linux is very new to me. I was not a fan of MS anyway-being that they cut off support and force me to buy an OS that has all kinds of backdoor crap that spies on you (Win 10). I just need a little help to get this system running so I can appreciate it even more. Your help is appreciated.