View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2019, 04:12 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Cool

In addition to running malware bytes and other procedures you mentioned, try running CCleaner to remove cache from your hard drive. There is an option to remove what you want to get rid of, and what you want to keep. I forgot all of the settings. I use it all the time and I like it. But when it comes to actually removing junk, I keep my history files for future reference. But your browser cache from either chrome or Firefox you probably should remove. You can analyze what files you want to remove and see how much space you're gaining. Also you may want to look at what "start-up" items are checked. Having too many programs in start-up can also slow things down. You have to kinda play with this adjustment to see what programs really slow it down and which don't. Your anti-virus programs would be one culprit. This hopefully should be a good starting point for you. If you are unsure of which things you should keep and remove in the check boxes, just ask. And the defrag is also a good idea too.
Good Night and Good Luck.

Last edited by english teacher; September 8th, 2019 at 04:17 AM.