View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2019, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
For a few months, the computer fans were getting very loud and things were slowing down generally. I cleaned the very dirty fans, and they went silent. I also deleted a great deal of material off my large hard drive, thinking that would help.

What did you delete?????? And how did you delete?????

More recently I've been getting very frequent, almost daily blue screen crashes.

I did not usually write down what it said. The first thing it began saying was

Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal STOP: 0x000000D1

As Jintan said, you need to check the memory. You said you have 4 slots with two oif them filled. Just pull one memory stick out and run it with just one see if the VSOD go away. If not then replacxe it and pull the other and do the same thing. You don;t have to run very long with just the one memory stick in as if one is bad it will BSOD.

Your initial error "Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal STOP: 0x000000D1

This is a Memory related error that often aooears if a system process or a driver attempts to access a memory address without proper access rights.

It can also be generated because of;
  • Corrupt system files
  • Incompatible device drivers
  • Faulty hardware items
  • Incorrect software installation

If you would post the exact error it would really help as generally the BSOD will tell you what file is causing it.

Really: Need to check your memory as Jintan suggest.
Thanks for taking a look, Murf.

I deleted thousands of video and photo files. I have no idea what you mean by "How" I deleted. I simply selected a few thousand files and mouse clicked to delete. Dumped the recycle bin, also.

I read that out of my Terrabyte drive I should have at least 15 per cent free /empty at all times. AT the moment it says I have only 15 Gigs free.

I routinely go to ALT CTRL DEL and look. All sorts of crap I don't recognize.
The things I don't recognize are using a trillion per cent of the memory.
So, I go into Malwarebytes, Spybot, and also Add or Remove programs and try to clear the crud out.

Never seems to make any difference.

Chrome is the worst user of memory, uses like ninety eight thousand percent of capacity, insane. But, at least it is not GLACIALLY SLOW like IE and Firefox.

Clearing History and Cache in any browser makes ZERO difference. If slow, I have to completely reboot to get internet working agian.

I will try to be patient enough to write down the six hundred lines of gibberish that show up, always different on each Blue Screen and tell you.

At that point I'm literally smashing furniture and making plans to threaten Bill Gates. So.

Ok, here goes. I hate this. Am turning off, and pulling Ram one at a time.

I really hate this.