View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2019, 03:27 AM

>>Windows 10 or is it just a junk computer?

Thanks for taking a look. Running Windows 10.
new Shinobee no model number desktop PC.

Issue: I am unsure how this began this time. The computer is only about three months old, but has crashed at least three times.

Windows 10 crashed, not sure why.
I suspect that it forces updates and those crashed it this time.

Next steps I took:

1. Hard reboot, showed only blue MS logo, stuck there. All keys and mouse unresponsive.
2. Hard reboot. Blue Logo with "Preparing Automatic Repair". Stuck there doing nothing, all keys and mouse unresponsive.
3. Hard reboot. Stuck on just blue logo again.
4. Hard reboot. Again same results as number 2 above.
5. Workmen in the apartment proceed to idiotically trip the circuit breaker three times in a row. They couldn't speak English, so hard to get them to understand to use another outlet instead.
6. Hard reboot, same results as number 1 again.
7. Hard boot, same as number 2 again.
8 Disconnected DSL cable, removed commercial DVD from drive, hard reboot, back to number 1 again.

This is the second or third time I have gotten stuck on "preparing automatic repair".
Searching a solution, it says "just hard boot three times in a row" but that isn't working this time, as you can see from the list above'

I can get the F keys to do things during boot, but I don't really understand how to use them.
Otherwise the keys and mouse are totally frozen.

"solutions" offered on MS website sound scary......they say, make a disc and boot from that. But I don't really understand, and I don't want to lose my data. I don't want to reinstall windows, I just want to boot normally again.
Besides, this came preinstalled, so how the heck would I know my license code?