View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Banned

Blue Screens and other Crashes

Thank you for taking a look. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a Hewlett Packard p6710f desktop.

For a few months, the computer fans were getting very loud and things were slowing down generally. I cleaned the very dirty fans, and they went silent. I also deleted a great deal of material off my large hard drive, thinking that would help.

I had switched from using Firefox over to Google Chrome and was initially happy with the increased speed, but it also began to lag. The lag manifested as a delay between typing a letter and when it would appear on the screen, and also in slow loading of web pages, slow loading of things like a word processing program, and occasional freezing of video.

More recently I've been getting very frequent, almost daily blue screen crashes.

I did not usually write down what it said. The first thing it began saying was

Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal STOP: 0x000000D1

Next, it began freezing without a blue screen, the internet browser would just lock up. I switched over to Internet Explorer from Chrome, and that seemed to help with speed for a while, but it also slowed down and locked up.

Then, it crashed to Blue Screen again this time saying

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

STOP: 0x0000007E

I've looked at a couple of web pages that claim to fix blue screen issues, but nothing appears to be working.

I have run Malwarebytes, found nothing. I have run Microsoft Security Essentials, found nothing. I've done a File Check, found no issues. I ran CHKDSK, but the results window never appeared anywhere.

Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you.