View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:10 AM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Noob View Post
Fair enough. I'm not sure you are 100% correct about the law as I am under the impression there are differences from place to place and with respect to the objective of the photographer and the rights holder who may be different people, but I hear you.*

*Technically, much of Facebook and Instagram consists of copyright infringing. In the US, the photographer has the rights to the image under most circumstances. So anyone posting a pic with his or her own image that is not a selfie is infringing, even if the pic was taken with his or her own phone. So what the law is and whether it is going to be enforced is a separate issue.

Thanks for the info. Is the same true for an overlaid date within a pic?
If you want to steal someones work and try to justify it that is on you. you don't see the watermark on thumbnails and other smaller pictures because you cannot enlarge them without a major drop in quality making them worthless to steal.

Yes the rules are different from site to site but if there is a watermark on the picture it means they don't want others using it without paying for it or acknowledging the artist.. overlay dates is part of the picture and part of the copyright if it was posted that way.

whether or not someone files a legal claim with the copyright office, it is still legally theirs. asking for help to modify a stolen picture in a legit forum such as cth, is just plain stupid.