View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM

O/S: MacOS
Not fully loading/starting upload

Hello all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, about 4 years old. It's been a trooper. Originally with windows vista, has been windows 7 for about 3 years. Dunno if that maters at all..

My problem: When I turn on my laptop, it doesn't fully start up and load. The desktop icons are all there - but not icons on the bottom right next to the clock, or my notepad widget thing and weather widget. I can't click on anything. My mouse moves, but clicking on icons - they don't open and I can't open icons on the bottom bar. When I hover my mouse on the bottom bar, it has that loading circle thing.

This has been happening a few days. Usually when I forcefully shut down and start back up, after a couple to a few times, it fully works to normal. But since it keeps happening, thought I should fix it.

Right now I'm writing from my iPod touch.. Dunno if I should keep trying to shut down and start up to see if I can get it to work, since it's useless right now for you?

What can I do to fix this problem?

Yesterday I ran spybot search & destroy, TFC, malwarebytes anti-malware, I have avg 2013 and spyware blaster - every scan came up clean. Well, just one found one thing and I clicked "fix problem" (I forget which program - anti-malware?) I can't open them and check to remember...

Help is very much appreciated.

Last edited by Steph19; October 19th, 2012 at 04:52 PM.