Cyber Tech Help Support Forums

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Windows 8 (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Attention Spammers (https://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228131)

Jaytee June 16th, 2015 06:09 AM

Thanks to all for their great anti spam work :)

@ Smurfy if there is some way you can share the load PM me..

lufbra June 16th, 2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegade600 (Post 1285448)
sorry but a bit late to reply. you also have to consider the number of active moderators between the two forums. This one does not seem to have that many any more so there is not someone around the clock that can monitor spam as the others.

To be fair, just because they may not be posting, doesn't mean they aren't still around here.

lufbra June 16th, 2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPR512 (Post 1285454)
It would be nice if there was better software that could be used here so Smurfy wouldn't have to stay up all night guarding the place. :D

If you were being paid what he's getting, you'd be up all night too!! :D

lufbra June 16th, 2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaytee (Post 1285460)

@ Smurfy if there is some way you can share the load PM me..

They don't pay in beers!! ;)

Jaytee June 17th, 2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lufbra (Post 1285492)
They don't pay in beers!! ;)

I don't have a drinking problem, I have a problem getting a drink.........:(

lufbra June 18th, 2015 05:30 PM

I must say that for the past couple of days I haven't seen any spam posts here. So it looks like whatever the management are doing here to resolve the problem, seems to be working for now! :)

Jaytee June 18th, 2015 11:11 PM

I really hope so.. Although they seem to come in waves sometimes..

smurfy June 18th, 2015 11:55 PM

Oh they are still coming in, about a hundred every day since 1 June, but the measures Mishy has implemented have certainly done the trick. We (staff) can still see some of it, but you good folk should be spared the inconvenience.

If you are in the habit of monitoring the "who is online" page, you'll still see constant registrations by these bots, but that should be the limit of their appearance to you.

:thumbsup:

Jaytee June 19th, 2015 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfy (Post 1285592)
Oh they are still coming in, about a hundred every day since 1 June, but the measures Mishy has implemented have certainly done the trick. We (staff) can still see some of it, but you good folk should be spared the inconvenience.

If you are in the habit of monitoring the "who is online" page, you'll still see constant registrations by these bots, but that should be the limit of their appearance to you.

:thumbsup:

Excellent................:)

zipulrich June 19th, 2015 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lufbra
So it looks like whatever the management are doing here to resolve the problem, seems to be working for now!

Yes, it does. MiShY promised them all beverages from your personal stash if they left us alone.

Get ready to pay up, chicken-feathers ;)

Jaytee June 19th, 2015 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipulrich (Post 1285595)
Yes, it does. MiShY promised them all beverages from your personal stash if they left us alone.

Get ready to pay up, chicken-feathers ;)

What he said Dave, +1.......................:dizzy:

lufbra June 19th, 2015 04:13 PM

Hell will freeze over first!! :D

IPR512 June 19th, 2015 05:19 PM

Thanks guys.

lufbra June 20th, 2015 05:21 PM

Jaytee, Smurfy said this above, "Oh they are still coming in, about a hundred every day since 1 June"

Don't believe a word of it, he's just trying to make us think the management work hard here! :o

smurfy June 21st, 2015 11:03 AM

Yeah right chicken legs, check this out...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rs_working.jpg